8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok mods I don't know if this thread should be in this forum so just move to the correct place..thanks

anyways my parents would like to get a new SUV. There are 5 choices:
Toyota 4Runner
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Honda CRV
Honda Pilot
Landrover LR2

My choice would be the LR2. But for those who own some of these SUVs please chime in and help me help my parents pick their next vehicle.

thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
LR2 on looks, comfort, versatility..

Reliability I'd have to hand it too the 4Runner and then Pilot I love the 4runner vs a pilot based on looks and power..

Land Rovers just tend to have ALOT of mechanical problems

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
Well if you got the CRV and Pilot on the list, how about Toyota Rav4 and Highlander (both are remodeled)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
the CRV is much smaller than the rest of the SUVs (not sure about the LR2)

You gotta ask them what they need/want in an SUV

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the insight...

i took a look at the lr2 today all white with blk leather int and man that was nice....really nice..but i have also heard a lot of people say that landrovers have a lot of mechanical problems so iono.

i like the 4runner too because my bro has a 2006 sr5 and it handles great too i just dont want to see another 4runner in the fam wanna do something different.

and to answer about the acura mdx or rdx those suvs are a given that my dad really wants those, but my mom hates how they look.

but anyways we're still looking around

·
Registered
385 Posts
Out of that list, I'd probably go with the Pilot. I've mistaken them for Range Rover's more than once before, from the back anyway. I wouldn't go anywhere near the LR2 if I were you... the LR3 was #1 on the lemon law list when it first came out, and this is the first year for the LR2. Yep, def Pilot...

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
youve got some pretty difference SUVs up there. i think you need to decide what its going to be used for.

if there is offroadin involved, the Landrover, the FJ and the 4 Runner are really the only ones capable.

the landrover is the all around best i think, except maybe in space, i dont know for sure on that. but the land rover has reliability problems.

for offroading i would suggest the FJ or also look at an Xterra.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
My Pilot is the best SUV, if you never go (seriously) off road. It will handle mild to moderate off road situations. However, in bad snow on the road it is the best I've ever had.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
if there is offroadin involved, the Landrover, the FJ and the 4 Runner are really the only ones capable.
Keep in mind what people deem "off road." Dirt tracks, gravel and grass is technically off-road, but all the SUVs listed can handle those with ease -- even the 2 wheel-drive versions.

If they're scaling versions of the Rubicon trail, you're gonna want the SUVs e60 listed above.

For all-purpose road-riding and handling some nasty weather, I think the Pilot would be the best bet. Rides totally awesome, handles well and it's got Honda reliability! They're really nice SUVs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I (meaning my wife) have a 2006 Nissan Xterra, and I love it. It starts at a great price: $19995. And with that you get that lovely standard roof rack w/ storage compartment, CD Player, ABS, speed sensitive steering, dual front airbags, a six speed manual tranny and a kick ass 265hp/280ft-lbs 4.0L V6! I went with the S model with the Utility Package. It got me Power everything, cruise, 16" alloys, step bars, map pockets galore, a cool rear cargo track with adjustable tiedowns, and a 5sp auto tranny. The only downside is the hard plasticky interior. But then again, this is more of a utility vehicle, and you're supposed to be able to spray out the entire interior and not damage it, (the seat fabric is interesting too) MSRP: $23,985. Got it for $21,500.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts