8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , I'll start by stating that I am a college student who used to drive pickups and I bougth the civic for gas economy reasons and relability as well.

my civic is a DX-G sedan which came with hubcaps. I just got a killer deal for mazdaspeed racing harts 17inch wheels ( for about 250$ us ) in what seems to be great condition.

I will either paint the centercap logo or try to order new centercaps for it if they exists.

The thing it I wondered If I need spacers ? I could not find the wheels specs over the internet (altough i'm not good at finding things ).

Also what tire size would put my wheel diameter stock so I don't have to deal with the speedometer being off.

All I know is that the rim from side to side is 8 inches wide and from where the rims will sit on the studs it's 6 inches ( if that make sense ?)

Anyway I hope you guys can help me out , I tried the rim on the car everything fits altough its close to the shock but I don't know anything about rims so I can't tell if it's normal or what.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear they fit !!! Great deal I got !

Are you sure there are centercap that would fit them ?

If so , could you point out the stores ? it would be nice since I don't know anything about rims and where to buy from .

Thank you for your responces !

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok nice never tougth about putting a sticker to cover the mazda logo .. thats a great idea . Better than painting anyway. Will get black one some custom made at the local decal shop.

I just want to know if anybody had any experiece with that size of a rim I don't know what kind of clearance to look for between the rim and the shock so I want to know If I have to buy spacers or not ?

Does anybody have experience with that wheel size on a civic dx-g ? berlinas2k2 mentioned to run at least a 215/45 tire on it ... but I want to know what exact size would put me back to stock diameter ?

Heres a pic of the rims :

http://www.autosupermart.com/auto/images/news/2003mazdaspeedprotege11.jpg

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
its very difficult to get back to an exact size when you switch wheel size. I asume your going from a 16" to a 17". The difference is very minimal and you shouldnt notice a diiference as long as the outside diameter of the new TIRE is the same as the stock tires. Here is a site that can help you figure this out.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?submit=yes&vehicle=yes

We dont have the DX-Gs here so i dont know if the tiers are the same as our dx otherwise i would have done it for you and just posted that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for bumping an old thread. I have a 08 Civic Coupe DX. I have found a set of 07 Mazdaspeed 3 rims for a good price. The specs are 18x7 5x114.3 +52.5 offset. I'm wondering if these will fit on my car without rubbing or causing any problems?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts