8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally hit the breaking point with my Pro-Cs and realized I need something that rides better before my spine explodes.

For a while I was considering the Koni/Redshift setup because some say it's the best handling option for our cars, but on the flip side I've heard others say that progressive springs cause unpredictability at the limit. Which is it? Another thing is that I do enjoy the adjustability that coilovers provide.

For coilovers, I assume the overwhelming response will be Buddy Club N+. They're pretty comfortable, no? I realize that with comfort comes sacrifice in handling, I'm basically looking for something that's easier to live with on a day-to-day basis than Pro-Cs while still maintaining somewhat comparable handling. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Tein SS perhaps?

How bad was the Pro-C? Just wondering...cuz I'm on the fence with coilovers myself...(either just Progress RSB or get some coilovers)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No-go on the TEIN SS, if I do end up getting another set of coilovers they must have ride height adjustability independent from spring preload. My buddy has TEIN Flex and they ride nice, a bit on the expensive side though.

I sent you a PM with some info and my opinions on Pro-Cs.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
687 Posts
running on pro-c now performance wise is great. but ride quality is blah.

i would go for the flex also but money is an issue

go buddy clubs

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So I'm in China right now and I think the gub-ment is blocking access to Facebook. Is this what you were going to ask about? I'll be back next week if you want a ride to check out the B&Gs. I'm still very impressed with the ride and would definitely recommend them. We can play with the settings so you can see how they behave at different levels.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So +1 for Buddy Clubs, +1 for B&G, +2 for Stance.

Stance GR +
I see you're running these, can you go into more detail about them? I looked 'em up and see that the spring rates are 8k f/12k r. How's the ride quality? My biggest problem with the Pro-Cs is how bouncy they are, are the Stance bouncy at all? And how do they handle?

So I'm in China right now and I think the gub-ment is blocking access to Facebook. Is this what you were going to ask about? I'll be back next week if you want a ride to check out the B&Gs. I'm still very impressed with the ride and would definitely recommend them. We can play with the settings so you can see how they behave at different levels.
You know me well! I won't have the Pro-Cs up for sale until next week so that works out fine for me. We can finally grab 5 Guys while I'm in town as well. :biggrin:

Still considering a Koni setup from RedShift, anyone here running this that can give their input?

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
Travis,

This is why i think you will like the ride quality with the stance coilovers as opposed to the skunk2. I just drove it from norcal to socal on 3 clicks stiffer from the middle setting and it was pretty decent not too stiff, yet handles good. You can tell the damper is pretty solid and takes bumps pretty well. driving it in the holywood streets which can be pretty shitty, and it took it pretty well. I recommended these coilovers to je5hua, and he loves em.
As far as the twisties are concerned this thing rails even on just the middle setting.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
So +1 for Buddy Clubs, +1 for B&G, +2 for Stance.

You know me well! I won't have the Pro-Cs up for sale until next week so that works out fine for me. We can finally grab 5 Guys while I'm in town as well. :biggrin:
You probably won't get many for B&G cause there are only a few of us running them on this board. Everyone running them seems happy though. If you look at other platforms there are other happy users.

5 Guys, you fruit :haysmiley: I'm in.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
No-go on the TEIN SS, if I do end up getting another set of coilovers they must have ride height adjustability independent from spring preload. My buddy has TEIN Flex and they ride nice, a bit on the expensive side though.

I sent you a PM with some info and my opinions on Pro-Cs.

Anyone else?
Thanks, got your PM.

Question: Why not order some softer springs from Skunk2? It'll be cheaper than getting another set of coilovers.

Free bump for you.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Travis,

This is why i think you will like the ride quality with the stance coilovers as opposed to the skunk2. I just drove it from norcal to socal on 3 clicks stiffer from the middle setting and it was pretty decent not too stiff, yet handles good. You can tell the damper is pretty solid and takes bumps pretty well. driving it in the holywood streets which can be pretty shitty, and it took it pretty well. I recommended these coilovers to je5hua, and he loves em.
As far as the twisties are concerned this thing rails even on just the middle setting.
Thanks a lot for the input! I'll keep these in mind for sure.

You probably won't get many for B&G cause there are only a few of us running them on this board. Everyone running them seems happy though. If you look at other platforms there are other happy users.

5 Guys, you fruit :haysmiley: I'm in.
I see that B&G is European so that's a plus. And yeah I got Keenan addicted. :biggrin:

Thanks, got your PM.

Question: Why not order some softer springs from Skunk2? It'll be cheaper than getting another set of coilovers.

Free bump for you.
The problem is moreso with the damping than the springs themselves. It's the bounciness that gets me.

i would love to rock pro c for daily drivin. bc doesn't get stiff enough
I'll be temporarily swapping out to stock suspension early next week, so you can haz. ;)

I disagree.

Stance dont have the best ride quality.. IMO of course =]
In your opinion, what do you think does? Remember I'm not necessarily looking for the best ride quality, just something more tolerable than Pro-Cs.

i say get new set of springs Swift Springs USA
Hmm. I've heard Swift Springs are pretty much the best you can buy. I imagine they'd handle amazing paired with Koni dampers? About how much does a set of these run?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.