8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I started to feel a knocking under my feet on the pedals. Starts about 40 and real noticeable between 45-50 and can still feel beyond but less faint. I checked the boots and they are all still good and nothing is stuck under the car. Only mods are modified maf housing k&n p2r tbs and gaskets.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Maybe the subframe brackets rattling? Although that problem seemed to be specifically at braking or accelerating...
Can you get a video?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out what it was and just in time. The lugnuts on my driver front were hand loose. Dont really know how since the noise just started this morning. Got a few haters as neighbors but I could just be a jack ass but it has been about 3 weeks since I rotated them. I dont know.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Yikes. Good thing you caught it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
This morning I started to feel a knocking under my feet on the pedals. Starts about 40 and real noticeable between 45-50 and can still feel beyond but less faint. I checked the boots and they are all still good and nothing is stuck under the car. Only mods are modified maf housing k&n p2r tbs and gaskets.
i have a similar issue at highway speeds(70- 80mph). it started after moving to another state. i've changed wheels and tires but no luck; buying some more tires now.
i'm thinking crappy streets here messed up my alignment or i need to re-torque my suspension(hfp). any suggestions?

·
Registered
187 Posts
In my line of work, Alignment being out wont cause a vibration, UNless you have some bad parts up underneath your ride. Make sure who ever is Balancing your wheels they are Aluminum Optimized. Our Factory wheels and ANY after market wheels require that for a true balance. Yes roads can cause some odd vibrations, I wouldnt think every street would though. also, what kind of tires are you running and how often you are rotating the tires.

This is towards "07 fg2"

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In my line of work, Alignment being out wont cause a vibration, UNless you have some bad parts up underneath your ride. Make sure who ever is Balancing your wheels they are Aluminum Optimized. Our Factory wheels and ANY after market wheels require that for a true balance. Yes roads can cause some odd vibrations, I wouldnt think every street would though. also, what kind of tires are you running and how often you are rotating the tires.

This is towards "07 fg2"
i have mugen gps w/ kdw2s. i getting ready to order bridgestone potenza re760s. i rotate every 6 months. oh, and it's not every street; mostly just a particular stretch of highway i drive on everyday.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm having the same problem but usually when coming to a halt. If the roads a bit bumpy, I'll feel the brake pedal "bounce". Any idea as to what it could be. Also, this had never happened until I took the car to get it washed/detailed. They used those automated car washers that pull the car. Could that have caused the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts