8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know anything on how to install audio into a car and I'm not even sure if these parts are compatible. Can an experienced member please look through the equipment I got and tell me if its going to work out in my 2007 civic si sedan?

Front Speakers: Alpine SPR-17S

Rear Speakers: Alpine SPS-17C2

Amp: Alpine MRP-F450

Wiring Kit: Rockford Fosgate 8 gauge wiring kit

Like I mentioned before, I'm basically clueless. I need to know whether the speakers will fit first of all and if the amp is a good choice to power the 4 speakers. I bought the equipment above because I had good deals on them and now its the hard part :xyxnervou Some input and advice will very much be appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Amp's a good choice. Wiring kit is fine. Though, you can save yourself about $15 if you order your wiring from Knukonceptz.

I'd leave the rear speakers out unless you just like having ambient noise and/or people ride in the backseat alot. That'll save you another $80 or so that you could use toward sound deadener to increase the sound of your front stage.

IMO, of course.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Same setup I got to a T. Speakers will fit but the rears require a 1/2 to 1" spacer. The amp is perfect for that setup. I have the same one. 8 guage is good unless you want subs. Then you might want to think about 4 guage or even 0 guage. If not then 8 is fine. You're on a good path here man.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback.

Where is a good place to get them installed? I'm about to go to Best Buy even though its quite pricey. I do not know of any reliable shops in my area...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Between best buy and circuit city type places it all depends on who they have working back there and at which one. I know the best buy around me will never touch my car. I'd find a custom audio place. Someplace where they just dont hire a 16 year old kid with 2 months experience. Go in there and talk to them. Tell them what you have and ask them for an estimate. Shop around. This install isn't that difficult so you shouldn't have much to worry about at most places.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
From Knu's site:
Regarding the KLM series of wire:
" capable loads of 250A"

Regarding Kolossus:
"Capable of loads over 300A."

You'll be fine with the KLM. ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
probably no subwoofer

maybe i'll do 2 speakers and the stock sub? Does that even work?

i'm totally a noob with a bunch of ****

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You can do 2 speakers. That's what I was saying in my first reply. Just go with a good set of components up front and an amp to power it.

In your case, since you're only going with one amplifier you can get a simple amp kit from knu. If you are going to go with 2 channels, then you can go with the 4 gauge KLM kit you posted above. It'll have all you need for a simple 2 channel amp install.

Ohhhh, I take that back...you'll need an extra run of speaker wire since you have 2 sets of speakers up front. Just add another 18ft of 14 gauge wire to your order.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You'd need a power distribution block and ground distribution block in addition to a set of 4-channel RCAs (or two 2-channel sets).

You're also going to need a battery terminal so that you can connect power wire to the + terminal of your battery. This is mandatory no matter how many amps you run. There's no way for you to connect wire to the positive terminal without one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
huh?:xyxnervou

as of now i have the compenent system and the f450 amp. please enlighten me with all the other stuff i need

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
junkimchi said:
huh?:xyxnervou

as of now i have the compenent system and the f450 amp. please enlighten me with all the other stuff i need
RCAs, capacitor (only if running subs as well), distribution block, power (8-4 gauge) depending on size amp(s), speaker wire.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts