8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried looking around and before making any purchases I wanted to know if there was a way to get sound out of the radio besides the amp bypass or an amp? Someone commented splicing a blue wire with antenna but it wasn’t in depth enough for me to try

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a sound issue on my Android HU version, I need to change to the current version or downgrade (to 8.1). I didn't find any firmware in the 2GB version, I tried to install the 1GB versions and it gave an error See below for details on my HU. Thank you very much for helping me (sorry for my English) Android: YT9216B_00002_v004_20190830 Version 9.1 XYAUTO: 3.1 (8227 L) CAM BUS 3.1.2 Update DDR 2 GB Flash 16 GB MCU1: 3.1

·
Registered
624 Posts
So I just went through this whole process and did my best to do a writeup on this here:

The "amp bypass" is just providing power to a specific wire on the stock harness that triggers the stock amp into turning on. I did try to get power from the antenna power wire at first, but ultimately that didn't work because it would only provide power to turn the amp on when the radio itself was on (and then wouldn't work when I tried to play music over bluetooth). I ultimately ended up tapping into the main red wire on the new stereo's harness because (at least on my unit) it is the main 12v power to the unit.

·
Super Moderator
2,430 Posts
Please post pictures and videos of your install when you are done. Hope you get your install sorted out. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts