8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't drive my Si like normal cars!!!!

Everytime the lights turn green, I rev 1st gear till 3K and then move to 2nd and rev it till 3.5K. By the time I'm done with 2nd, I see Corollas, R18s,Miatas, and etc passing me and taking off left and right. Secondly, trucks and bikes are almost up my back to the point where I can't see their headlights.

If I rev past 4k. ricers, stangs, srt4s,G35s, GTis, STis,Huge Trucks etc are next to me revving. :eek:hnoes:

Driving this car is harder than I thought. Now I know why I needed some low end torque.

HELP!!!!

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
ur crazy. shift at however you feel comfortable driving. stop being paranoid. the si made me rev happy so im shifting at like 5-6k burning a hell of alot of unnecessary gas.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
try having the skunk2 70mm.. no matter what RPM you're at you get looks

·
Registered
522 Posts
nayilsi said:
If I rev past 4k. ricers, stangs, srt4s,G35s, GTis, STis,Huge Trucks etc are next to me revving. :eek:hnoes:
So what happens when you vtec? Does the ground shake?

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Just worry about yourself and dont worry about others. The way everyone else drives nowadays, whocares.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I know what you mean, I usually blow past them in 5th after that. But just worry about your problems, if they hit you, its their fault...following too closely. I used to be terrified of hills till I figured out my friction point. I mean I would ALWAYS use the e-brake or spin the tires because I didnt want to roll into any body, but they always got too close for my comfort.

·
Registered
259 Posts
i know what you mean. I try to shift at 3 for normal driving but then i feel like im driving way to slow. i have the skunk2 so i dont want to go back 3 in 1st 2nd and 3rd.

·
Registered
743 Posts
it takes time to get used to everything...when i first learned how to drive stick, i had to rev to like 2k i think just cause im scared i might stall. Now i rev to like 1k or 1.5k...to save gas. When you drive your car long enough you're feet will be a lil more sensitive..in terms of shifting through gears o_O...you can shift at any rpm LOL....theres always gonna be tailgaters..dont let'em worry you...as long as your proceeding in the the correct direction...90% of the time its gonna be the rear driver's fault...so if they pay you its not your fault. plus some things are inevitable. Just keep driving, when your experienced you'll be fine..n the rest is not really up to you..you cant try to avoid tail gaters by driving fast or trying to loose them.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
nayilsi said:
^^^

its not the cars the problem... its the drivers problem...

MEH
:yeahthat: practice makes perfect dude drive around your town when you have free time to get more comfortable with your Si thats what i always do and not only that youll also get familiar with different routes around your town :thumb: and dont forget to do :vtec:

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Im not sure I get this guys problem. . . .

go p ast 6k. Problem solved.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts