8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I plan to gut out my cabin, removing seats and carpet to put in sound deaden layers. I am very familiar with car audio, but not so much with my Civic. For those who've gutted their Civic out for the same purpose, how did you guys go about doing it?

Did you have a service manual to show how to remove everything? Some article online? I'm really not familiar with the ins and outs of Civics in general.

I'll appreciate any pointers, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
seats mount by 4 bolts...take them out, snake carpet around everything...there really isnt much to it..by DRY ICE, seriously....brake it all up and lay it on sound deadening material...rubber mallet/dead blow hammer and break up material...get shop vac to clean...

The dry ice allows the sound deadening to crack and unadhere? to the metal...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Check the teardown guide in the DIY section.

Best method is to remove the center console, then front seats, then the rear entirely. Now go through and take out all the trim. Now simply pull up your carpet and deaden. Since you're laying it on a horizontal surface you won't have much trouble. Use a heatgun to get the deadener to get a bit more tacky and will go on smoother.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Best method is to remove the center console, then front seats, then the rear entirely. Now go through and take out all the trim. Now simply pull up your carpet and deaden.
this is exactly what i did. there were 2 snags for me to resolve when lifting the carpet up; the left and right sides were joined under the parking brake cable and also under the dash. i cut the former, strung it up, did my work and then dropped it back down :)

just be careful taking out the front seats, they were much heavier than i expected (easily a one-man job, but get a friend to help and save your back a bit :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.