8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 2008 ms3 gt with 8,800 mi. for 19,888 dollars..pretty solid deal so im thinking of trading in my si. But before i get this car..i hear alot of issues with smoking turbos..I plan on doing some minor upgrades..instead of going pure straight pipe..im going with the catted cpe downpipe,since it has 1 high flow cat instead of 2 restrictive stock cats and combine with with cat back exhaust and air intake...is the smoking turbo issue really that widespread?...does it have to do with people running catless so the that small mazda turbo is spinning to fast or am i going to still have a prablem with my above mods. Im going to the ms3 cause its faster to begin with..plus can be made faster more easily than the si,or cheaper i should say atleast. But thats not worth it if the car goes tits up with minor mods. any advise is more than welcome. thanks :thumb:

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
Smoking turbos aren't common, but worst case scenario: the K04 is not an expensive turbo to replace. It'd only cost you around $700. For the most part, I've found that people who purchased the downpipe and started smoking had actually always been smoking--it was just that the cats covered it up.

Buying a used MS3 is always a little scary, since you don't know what the previous owner did to it.

Is this a 2008 or a 2008.5?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well forget the 2008 ms3..Im getting my hands on a 2009 ms3 grand touring in red for 20,900...yeah its grand more than the 08..but its new so dont have to worry about a previous retard driver and im gonna get a lower interest rate with the new car so my payments will be the same,just got off the phone with the sales person..its like 4 grand of msrp..pretty sweet..so if no one objects..im getting the speed3 ;) lol

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
ms3 is a great car 2 of my friends have them and they are stupid fast lol...I love my Si though there is just something about it. But the ms3 is a good car, if you can get a new one for a good deal like you said might as well go for it right?

·
Registered
283 Posts
well forget the 2008 ms3..Im getting my hands on a 2009 ms3 grand touring in red for 20,900...yeah its grand more than the 08..but its new so dont have to worry about a previous retard driver and im gonna get a lower interest rate with the new car so my payments will be the same,just got off the phone with the sales person..its like 4 grand of msrp..pretty sweet..so if no one objects..im getting the speed3 ;) lol
Wow if I could get a deal like that on a MS3 I'd be all over that! Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thanks guys! im gonna go pick it up now. there gonna give me 17000 for my 2007 si sedan 20,000 mi. and my payments wont be anymore..around 380/mo so yeah good to go..I will miss my si..and the 8500 redline and sexy fbp color..but with this car having tons of tq and i test drove 1 yesterday and enjoyed it alot and its the fully loaded gt version. :dancing:

·
Premium Member
26,381 Posts
yeah thanks guys! im gonna go pick it up now. there gonna give me 17000 for my 2007 si sedan 20,000 mi. and my payments wont be anymore..around 380/mo so yeah good to go..I will miss my si..and the 8500 redline and sexy fbp color..but with this car having tons of tq and i test drove 1 yesterday and enjoyed it alot and its the fully loaded gt version. :dancing:
Good call on the 2009.

Mod #1=Turbo timer?

:woot: Don't forget the :pics:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pics are bs? haha whatever..its royal moore autocenter in Hillsboro,Oregon..they got like 8 ms3s....okies so on to the rest of the bs story..i drive down there with my kids..cause its done deal right...wrong...they give me the run around and come up with a mo payment of 20 bucks month more than what was agreed on..now mind you..I live in Olympia,wa so yeah were talking 120 miles 1 way...so I could have said sure yeah lets deal...but it wasnt what I agreed on..and they were pulling that "old school" car buying game on me where they take peice of paper and keep going to the "manager" haha and come out with wrong number..to top it off the guy had a super super weak handshake..gave me the creeps..what a deush..anyways enough said didnt get the ms3..still drove out with my sexy si..dissapointed hell yes...but more becuase they wasted not just mine..but my familys time..Its a different story if there upfront with you and you still make the drive..but when you run all the numbers through the bank, and then they tell you come down heres the price and the paperwork is all set up and then you get the runaround..but to be honest..im not surprised..theres alot of crummy people out there. Maybe ill see the guy in my next mma match up ;) neah that be too good to be true..sorry guys wish i could have posted pics,I most certainly would have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.