8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I want to install a set of Polk db6501 components up front, and run it off the stock premium amp. I want to keep the stock speaker connectors intact in case I ever need to revert to stock. So I'm looking for a set of adapters for the 6.5" driver, and a set for the tweeters. I've been searching but can't seem to find either online, only ones for older Hondas. Am I just not looking hard enough? :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I want to install a set of Polk db6501 components up front, and run it off the stock premium amp. I want to keep the stock speaker connectors intact in case I ever need to revert to stock. So I'm looking for a set of adapters for the 6.5" driver, and a set for the tweeters. I've been searching but can't seem to find either online, only ones for older Hondas. Am I just not looking hard enough? :(
Did you mean some things like these:
Car Tweeters Replacement Speakers Complete Kit
USB 2.0 Audio Adapter

·
Registered
47 Posts
The "Metra 72-7800" adapter will allow you to keep the stock speaker connector. I ordered them from Sonicelectronix.com and they worked great. Crutchfield should have the same thing also just under a different name. For the tweeters you should be running new wire from the doors to the tweeters, so you just have to disconnect the old tweeters and tuck the wire/harness out of the way so no need to mess with them or get an adapter. I attached my new tweeters to the stock location with zip ties and it worked great (and is completely reversible).

As for mounting them I have two extra sets (four total) of the "Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers". They're specifically meant for the Civic. I used them for my front and rear speaker install, they worked great and I didn't have to mess with the factory speakers! Unless you mutilate the stock speakers, this is the only way I know of to avoid drilling into doors/rear deck. Happy to say I have no rattles what so ever.

The site I ordered mine off of filled the same order twice and refused to give a refund and by the time I pay for return shipping I figured I minus well just sell them cheap. If you want them PM me...like I said I have 2 sets (four total) unopened in original packaging.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, but I went ahead and went a different route. I used these clamps to tap into the stock wiring. I left the crossovers out and just did that with the tweeters and door speakers.

For mounting the tweeters, I cut a little bit off of the protruding ring where the stock tweeters mount to on the underside, and hot-glued the new ones to it. Sounds ghetto I know but its actually pretty clean, and that hot glue comes off pretty easily.

I instantly regretted not getting a sub when I powered the stock one back on though... Luckily, my friend recently took the stock 8" sub out of his LS400, tried it in the civic, fits well aside from having to drill new holes to mount it. It always sounded good and clean to my ears, so I consider it a good $20 drop-in to further avoid an amped boxed sub, and I mean nothing else really fits there without modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts