8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get my exhaust and my header installed, I have a question, I have a Greddy Tic, and its stainless steal but the shop said to modify it to make it fit a FA5 they will add a 2in peace but its not going to be stainless steal is that ok.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
In my (brief) experience welding, you want to use like metals, though steel is a form of iron; I would think that would be at least more compatible than say, copper and steel, or worse, aluminum and steel.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kk, more help I need, The shop just called me and said that they cant put my header on because it is for off road use only and it doesent have a catt. What should I do? I have a dc header.
The exhaust I do not know what kind of metal they are using, but they are giving me lifetime warranty on it.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Well since the shop will not install it, looks like you'll be DIY'ing your DCRH or finding another shop. Someone in the NE help this member out with a RH install. If you lived in Orlando I would install your RH for you & the catback once it was modded for free.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard is it to install it, do I need to lift the car up? The shop told me its a $20,000 fine for them if they install it.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Oh yeah the shop can get fined big time for installing a RH if they get caught. All you need is a floorjack, jackstands & some handtools. You only need to lift the front of the car to install it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts