8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I need some help clearing my headlights. I bought an extra set and now I realize I don't have a big enough oven to put them in and I am a little nervous about doing it that way. I tried a heat gun and only succeeded in burning my fingers and getting annoyed.

Anyone around the 909 willing to help me out, or actually, willing to do it and I'll pay ya?? I would rather just pay someone who has done this before and knows what they are doing. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Baking the lights really isn't the hard part. If you follow the DIYs you'll have no problem at all. Setting the oven at around 200 degrees and letting the lights sit for 10 minutes or so is how I've done it, and they don't get anywhere near hot enough to melt. Just make sure you start to pry the two pieces apart right away. The difficult part is sealing the lights back together...whether you decide to rebake the lights and reuse the sealant, or scrape off the old sealant and use new sealant.

I would definitely suggest reusing the old sealant. I tried it once by scraping off all of the leftover sealant and using new sealant. It's extremely difficult to remove all of the sealant and I was forced to rebake the lights multiple times to get it soft enough to remove all of it. The new sealant also made a huge mess. Good luck with your project though, I'd help but I'm too far away.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, guys. Hit up Micky6p and he did them this morning. Came out looking great. It's raining right now but I'm gonna try to get them on today and will post pictures when I do. Thanks civicsi626 for the info and a big thanks to Micky6p for a job well done!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It needs a good wash but here is the final outcome with the chrome amber bulbs. Thanks again Micky6p!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts