8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 3 months of searching,reading,working and so on i'm kind of out of ideeas,tired to keep searching but im just dont give it up.

So i own a Civic 2007 and about 4 months ago burned a little,that means some inerior parts like back seats,that thing abouve the head(sry i dont know the name since im not american so pls excuse my misses) and some wires.

Well,i replaced the wires with ofc new ones,i did everything like a pro ,cleaning,painting,no more trace of burning in the past but im stuck at back seats and the gauge sending unit its not working anymore.

First i was thinking its from wires and i checked again all the wires 3 more times,no success,everything is fine like suppose to be.
Fuel pump its working good,i mean the pressure its ok ,i drive the car daily.
Measured the wire connection -here is a problem i think- i have a 4 wire connector there at the fuel pump,ground(ok),+(fuel pump-ok),and 2 more wires wich are from the sending unit(goes to).Ok so on those 2 wires are suppose to come some ohms not voltage or? when i took the pump out and measured the ohms was ok but with the pump plugged(and contact in position 2 or engine running) i have on sending unit wire, the battery voltage,wich i think is not ok or i dont know.

ok i think afterall i have to try with a new one.
---i wasnt yet checked behind the panel from under the dash to see if some circuits could be damaged or unsoldered---

the 2nd issue i have are with the back seats.
the sponge from the seats or whatever is,its 50% burned so little hard to repair and i think is better to find another back seats.

my question is : there are any other back seats from other cars who might fit in civic 2006+ ?
or i should just stuck to repair them?

----Edited----

Ok,so i will see what im gonna do with the seats but the main issue still remain the fuel sending unit.
Below i have made a schematic with the issue.
Normally between a and b should be xxx ohms but theres only when i disconect the connector from the fuel pump and not when its plugged or with the ignition on.
Measurements : Ignition key in position II,or engine on,i have between a/b and ground the battery voltage,wich i dont think is ok or?(need help with this)
When i turn the engine off or key in position I,i dont have any voltage,wich is correct.
I took out the fuel pumpconnector disconected and i measured the ohms between a and b moving the the sending unit level up and down and i had some ohms but not as the manual says.(might be also my measurement tool faulty)
The ideea is that the sending unit is working ok,the fuel pump also but still something is wrong.
Alo tryed to connect the sending unit when the pump was out and i had still the issue on fuel gauge.
Im gonna take out the pump once more and verify very closely for any damage to an internal wire or connection.
MIght be my answer or might be not but worth to try before paying for a new complete unit,pfff.
I would really appreciate if someone knows maybe for each of those 4 wires what voltage is ,when and wich ones.
That would really help me for sure.

Also forgot to mention,its an Coupe.2 doors honda civic 2007.

-----------------

Thx in advance for any answer and ideeas.
I really appreciate every help.

Plex.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel sending unit issue fixed.

I will post "my fix" so if someone have the same issue,might help to save some money and time.

So after i checked 3 more times all the wires from the fuel pump to under the dash,i opened once again the fuel pump,removed the sending unit,cleaned everything so no chance of corosion,measured (ohm) to see if the specs are normal---full 19 to 21 ohm,half 199 to 209 ohm,low 508.3 to 708.8,empty 772 to 788---checked for any damage to contacts and mount it back the reverse of disambling.
here are some pictures...
1.The fuel unit.

2.The sending unit(resistance-ohm)

3.After Assembling,once again the measurements...
Empty

1/2

Full

After montage back to the car,again measured to see if the unit is still ok.
The gaudge still not working and the yellow light blinking so...search even deeper.
Starting from the pump unit i was checking every connectors and measured the purple and orange wires for resistance.Finally i found under the dash right under the steering wheel,the junction box.Checked the junction box for any visual damages and i have found a shortcut between 3 pins,and the circuit intrerupted(exactly the pins with the wires from sending unit,slim orange and purple),so i took the junction box out for a closer inspection and ofc repair.
Removed the battery ground wire(-)...just in case.
Here is the Junction Box...

Repaired,checked for additional damages or some unsoldered pins,put it back on the car,and tested.

As expected,worked like a charm,indicate good and issue solved.
Thank you al for reading and maybe this post will be a good start or help for someone else with the same or similar issue.

Much love from Germany,
Plex.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel sending unit issue fixed.

I will post "my fix" so if someone have the same issue,might help to save some money and time.

So after i checked 3 more times all the wires from the fuel pump to under the dash,i opened once again the fuel pump,removed the sending unit,cleaned everything so no chance of corosion,measured (ohm) to see if the specs are normal---full 19 to 21 ohm,half 199 to 209 ohm,low 508.3 to 708.8,empty 772 to 788---checked for any damage to contacts and mount it back the reverse of disambling.
here are some pictures...
1.The fuel unit.

2.The sending unit(resistance-ohm)

3.After Assembling,once again the measurements...
Empty

1/2

Full

After montage back to the car,again measured to see if the unit is still ok.
The gaudge still not working and the yellow light blinking so...search even deeper.
Starting from the pump unit i was checking every connectors and measured the purple and orange wires for resistance.Finally i found under the dash right under the steering wheel,the junction box.Checked the junction box for any visual damages and i have found a shortcut between 3 pins,and the circuit intrerupted(exactly the pins with the wires from sending unit,slim orange and purple),so i took the junction box out for a closer inspection and ofc repair.
Removed the battery ground wire(-)...just in case.
Here is the Junction Box...

Repaired,checked for additional damages or some unsoldered pins,put it back on the car,and tested.

As expected,worked like a charm,indicate good and issue solved.
Thank you al for reading and maybe this post will be a good start or help for someone else with the same or similar issue.

Much love from Germany,
Plex.
Brother pls tell me which connector is from junction box i have similar problem pls sent me the photo of that connector and pin, its been a pain in ass the photos you have been upload cant see it says pic not available
.email: [email protected] pls help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts