8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This will be my first time upgrading wheels and I wanted to see what opinions are out there before I make my purchase. First of all, I have not dropped my car and am not sure if I ever will. Also, I bought a set of tires awhile back for my stock rims. So I am basically looking for wheels that will fit stock specs so I can mount these tires on...

Here is my dilemma: Price ranges are insane! Some look quite similar from another, yet prices do vary a bit. Does brandname make that much of a difference?

My budget is $700 without tires, but I'd like to spend as little as possible. Here are the ones I saw that have struck an interest with me, and maybe you guys can determine the style I am interested. Among these, I really can't decide...... Here are the ones I saw that I liked:

This is 17x7.5, so i don't think it would fit with my stock tires? Also, it's a bit on the pricier end. Weds Sport seems to be the choice for some people on here.

I really like this one, but I haven't seen anyone with this brand, MB Motorsports? Is it not reputable?

I think this one looks nice, and I have seen some pics of people with this on, but not on a FBP. It would be great if anyone had this and is able to post a pic.

This one looks like the MB Motorsports one, which is the subtle style I am leaning towards. However, this brand, NEX-0 Wheels, is such a good price, it makes me worried about the quality! Anyone have feedback on this brand?

I am not gonna post a pic of it, but i'm sure most of us know what ROTA SDX wheels look like. They are nice, but available seems so liimted! I'm looking more for grey/gun metal type color, and it seems hard to find~ I need something shipped to my door by 2 weeks, so I'm kind of in a bind.

SO what do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the MB MOtorsports Weapon, but I can't seem to find that in stock anywhere either. Can anyone suggest a place to buy? Or heck, what do you guys think of the wheel options above? I'm also willing to take recommendations.. XD-9 and VOLKs are pretty much out of the budget, but oh if i could....

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also what is the ymm or tire size...ill check the rwr on them
Wow, everyone seems to like the Weds, thanks for your inputs... Here are the specs of the Weds I saw:

17x7.5
Offset: 43mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size:215/45-17

Would these be a good direct replacement of stock rims without any rubbing issues? (ie, using stock tires?)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
ummm look at my pic...Those are stock tires ;) I will be going to a 225 though to kill that little lip that is shown due to the inappropriate tire size (imo)
Like I said, 7.5 will not fit. The rim fits into the tire but it's WRONG to do so. If you're going to do it, do it right.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Like I said, 7.5 will not fit. The rim fits into the tire but it's WRONG to do so. If you're going to do it, do it right.
what is wrong with doing this?

QUOTED FROM MICHELIN's WEB SITE
Tire Size P215/45R17
Type of Tire Luxury Performance Touring
Rim Width Range 7" - 8"
Section Width on Measuring Rim Width 8.4" on 7"
Aspect Ratio 45
Overall Diameter 24.7"
Tread Depth 10/32"
Tire Revolutions per Mile 845 at 45mph

LINK Pilot® MXM4®: Luxury Performance Touring: Tires: Michelin Tires

So if Michelin is saying that the rim width should be between a 7"-8" wheel, why would mounting this tire on an 7.5" wide wheel be wrong? Doing it right what size tire do we recommend to do?

I say you are fine buying the wheels and using your factory tires. You can believe what's his name, or Michelin who engineers the tires to be safe on your vehicle. But yeah... enjoy the reading.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Also, the Mb wheels are sold through discount tire as their line of wheel. The MB Weapon, MB Boost, and MB Competition are all actually a wheel by someone like A-Spec which is a really reputable company in Japan. And those MB Weapons in that size are like $136 each. Just food for thought

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
what is wrong with doing this?

QUOTED FROM MICHELIN's WEB SITE
Tire Size P215/45R17
Type of Tire Luxury Performance Touring
Rim Width Range 7" - 8"
Section Width on Measuring Rim Width 8.4" on 7"
Aspect Ratio 45
Overall Diameter 24.7"
Tread Depth 10/32"
Tire Revolutions per Mile 845 at 45mph

LINK Pilot® MXM4®: Luxury Performance Touring: Tires: Michelin Tires

So if Michelin is saying that the rim width should be between a 7"-8" wheel, why would mounting this tire on an 7.5" wide wheel be wrong? Doing it right what size tire do we recommend to do?

I say you are fine buying the wheels and using your factory tires. You can believe what's his name, or Michelin who engineers the tires to be safe on your vehicle. But yeah... enjoy the reading.
Not that it won't work properly, but it just doesn't look good and it's not flush with the tire.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input guys.. MB Weapons are a great price, though they may be hard to locate in a timely manner. Discount Tire Direct has those tires as "ON ORDER."

As for the 7 vs 7.5 ordeal, the tire size recommended by tire rack for those Weds were the 215/45/17, which is our stock, right?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
your talking .5 of an inch. look at it this way if you think that will matter, he now has a rim protector.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.