8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everything was going pretty smoothly on my BCRH install when i noticed that the header where it meets the motor, the wholes done really line up so its like you can get one almost in then you have to put the other two in almost alittle cookid, Well i ended up stripping all three bottom bolts. :banghead::banghead: Now the header is on with the bolts less than a half of the way in they want go in any furture, they are just turning. I am sure i can get them out but at 4:30 in the morning, i had to at least get the car where i could drive it to work. WTF??? Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You stripped out your head. Not good. You will need to install a Heliciol in the 3 holes you stripped.
Alright so i don't think all three are stripped, i think i might have a bad header or something i am taking it to a buddy of mine with a lift on sunday morning. I have very bad luck when it comes to things like this. I figured it was going to be a pita, but come on the last thing i thought wouldn't line up the flange... I dont think its off by much.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Where are you from. I have a lot of experience with repairing this kind of problem. I used to rebuild Cadillac Northstar motors for the Cadillac dealership I used to work for and the Head bolts used to strip out when we angle tourqed them. So I had to repair at least one evey time I did a rebuild. If you live in northern MA I'd be glad to help you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where are you from. I have a lot of experience with repairing this kind of problem. I used to rebuild Cadillac Northstar motors for the Cadillac dealership I used to work for and the Head bolts used to strip out when we angle tourqed them. So I had to repair at least one evey time I did a rebuild. If you live in northern MA I'd be glad to help you.
Nice gesture ftw :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.