8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey sup all, I was installing an Injen CAI on my 06 si and i messed up and broke something, I need to know the name of this thing and where I can get a replacement!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
i believe its the air bypass valve i broke the same thing when i installed my supercharger on my ep3, i bought a new one a majestichonda.com fr like 90 bux, its a pain in the ass to install....beware mad coolant leaks out when you take it off!! not sure if this is it.....Honda Automotive Parts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i did the same when i didi my k20a swap on my EP. although i compared it talked to others and realized that most just cap it off

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Its really just a vacuum leak.. honestly my car worked fine while I waited for the part to come in.. i just pretty much taped it off until it came in. I took it to honda though for them to put it in. They charge me $30

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for everyones help...so ya i'll just tape it off and order the part. Instead of getting it online i should be able to get it at a local honda dealer, right? lol instead of askin you guys ima just call and ask myself

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
thanks for everyones help...so ya i'll just tape it off and order the part. Instead of getting it online i should be able to get it at a local honda dealer, right? lol instead of askin you guys ima just call and ask myself
no ... seriously.. order online... when I was going to order it at the dealership they were charging me almost $100.

go to hondapartsdeals.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i just called and they were gonna charge me for about $100 so screw that. is that part pretty hard to install? because it looks easy, and is it safe to drive my car around if i tape it off for now?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
yeah i just called and they were gonna charge me for about $100 so screw that. is that part pretty hard to install? because it looks easy, and is it safe to drive my car around if i tape it off for now?
Just order online. I had honda install it though. They charged me $30

1 - 13 of 13 Posts