8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i'd say hi to everyone. I picked up my new atomic blue, lx coupe civic on the 26th and love it. I hope to learn a thing or two while i'm around. This is the first import i have owned and have always been a ford person. Gas prices forced my wife and I to look at a smaller more economical vehicle and I believe we made the best choice. Pics to follow.
Blake

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
welcome corn flake - love the name. I'd have to agree that you made a nice choice with the coupe. Post up pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the name was kind of a childhood nickname my sis gave me and it kinda stuck. Yeah, I love the car. Its an auto because the wife drives it, but compared to a 4spd auto in other little cars its a huge improvement. I was dead set on alabaster silver when going to the dealership, but when I arrived the silver one was gone. I was upset until we walked out back and saw the atomic blue getting unloaded off the truck. I knew right then that was the color. It wasn't even showing that it was scheduled be coming to their dealership. That is the only way I got the car. Every stinking lx coupe in the dfw metro had deposits on them, this was just a screw up in inventory and i'm glad it happened. I am trying to understand how you post pics in your forum. Do I have to host my own pics or what? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
06civicex said:
Yeah, congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the site.
Any plans on modding the car?
The only thing I am thinking of right now is adding maybe a sub and an amp. The stock stereo needs some work for my liking. And i'm waiting for my bro-in-law to come up w/ a deal on some wheels to replace the stock hubcaps. I guess right now i'm still enjoying the car just the way it is. I've got to give it to honda. I think it is a huge improvement of past civics. I test drove a 2001 model when they were brand new, and just didn't want to settle for that little power. But this newer 1.8l seems to have perfect power for our needs. And I think the auto feels top notch, very smooth shifting, something you see a lack of in alot of compact cars. It was down to this or a mazda3, and i'm glad I chose this one. Resale value, and all around comfort, helped me decide. I know the 3 is rated at 160h.p., but I swear the civic feels faster to me. I drove them on the same day. Regardless of speed the civic blew the 3 out of the water. Sorry so long!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts