8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello from the VW community!

5K views 114 replies 49 participants last post by  Snake-eyes 
#1 ·
Howdy!

My name is Chris and this is my first post on this forum. I know I have a Golf and that this is a Civic forum but I would like to see(if yall don't mind of course!) how people from other car communities do there things. Don't worry I wont be a **** or a troll and i won't stick my nose into technical conversations which I don't know anything about (don't know much about honda powertrains really, I grew up working on fords really). But I will throw my insight in where i see fit. I hope to be as insightfull as the other car'd people on my regular golfmkv.com forum!

Oh and i'll throw in a pic of my car for ya:

07 VW GTI (the red one)

Thanks!

Oh and P.S. how do i add a sig on this forum?

See less See more
#8 ·
SRT4toCivicSi said:
that or they went on a diet... I mean ****... they weigh like 3200? 3300? thats hella heavy... you need 500hp just to go 12's ...
Yea thats true but i think they were going to compete with some higher class cars in europe rather than the performance market. In the EU it's a totally different situation where a VW actually can compete with a Mercedes or a BMW or other higher end luxury car. I like to think of the R32 as more of a budget GT car.

#12 ·
Thanks everyone!
FGRedline said:
Then don't ever drive a civic :laughing:

Welcome and i love your car.

I was actually looking into an Si as well as a bunch of other cars in the class(almost pulled the trigger on a MS3) but the VW dealer was realy the only one playing it straight with me. In fact the guy at Jay Lee's Honda in Gladstone Oregon was being so disrespectfull that it completely turned me off the car. Well, that and cuz i love torque :biggrin:

#16 ·
Nice looking GTI man, and welcome to the site. My girl absolutely loves gti's and I love the way they look.. But I would have a really hard time choosing between a gti and an ms3.

Anyways, welcome to the 8th and enjoy your stay.

#17 ·
gti's are awesome... although i find that a lot of regular dudes and dudettes along with some older people buy them because they are the higher end golf... I think i've only seen like one old lady buy the si because it was the higher end civic... but even with that, im glad they have gti's in both automatic and manual trannies! ( i think... ).

#18 ·
20civic07 said:
gti's are awesome... although i find that a lot of regular dudes and dudettes along with some older people buy them because they are the higher end golf... I think i've only seen like one old lady buy the si because it was the higher end civic... but even with that, im glad they have gti's in both automatic and manual trannies! ( i think... ).
Thats exactly why u see more non-enthusiasts in GTIs, because theres an optional automatic! If the Si were offered in an auto you would see a lot more people with them. I actually did see two older ladies in one the other day though.

But I would like to mention that the auto GTI(mine) is actually equipped with a dual-clutch gearbox. Its essentially two 3 speed manual gearboxes matted to F1 style paddle shifters(F1 cars don't even use this technology yet btw). one clutch for 1st,3rd, and 5th. Another for 2nd,4th, and 6th. Long story short i have lightening fast shifts that have proven to be quicker than the standard 6MT:biggrin:

Enough bragging about that though...

#19 ·
TurboGolf said:
Thats exactly why u see more non-enthusiasts in GTIs, because theres an optional automatic! If the Si were offered in an auto you would see a lot more people with them. I actually did see two older ladies in one the other day though.

But I would like to mention that the auto GTI(mine) is actually equipped with a dual-clutch gearbox. Its essentially two 3 speed manual gearboxes matted to F1 style paddle shifters(F1 cars don't even use this technology yet btw). one clutch for 1st,3rd, and 5th. Another for 2nd,4th, and 6th. Long story short i have lightening fast shifts that have proven to be quicker than the standard 6MT:biggrin:

Enough bragging about that though...
actually I saw the gearbox thing on...uhhh what review was that... 5th gear...top gear... I dunno ... whatever... when he downshifted 2 gears and took off and touched to shift up that thing there was NOOO lag at all going to the next gear... it was nuts! I'm actually sorta jealous :eek:mg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6VCeMZfyzQ

#24 ·
Tim said:
I've never been a big hatch fan (and Honda put the last nail in the coffin with the last generation Si), but I like the way the GTI looks from the front.
I've always liked the idea of the Hot Hatch. It can daily drive, it can carry whatever you buy from Ikea, and it can zoom around like a sports car. It's almost the perfect type of car really. Thats just how i see it though, I hear your civics can haul a good amount of junk as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.