8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been looking for a car and had been trying to decide between the Fit Sport and Accord EX. Fit was too slow and Accord didn't handle well enough. I had considered the Si but didn't want the "boy racer" (I'm 29 so sorry to the guys that own one, I like them but it's too much) styling of the Si. Then my buddy reminded me that they make sedans now. Well, I called up a buddy at Honda and asked if he had one that I could drive. That was Saturday. I got out of the car with the biggest grin on my face and managed to convince both myself and my roommate that the Si is the car to get.

Well, I pick it up tomorrow. Fiji Blue Pearl Sedan w/ Sport Tires. I can't wait. Got a damn good deal on it too. Anyway, I'm sure you'll see me around here. I got out of modifying for a while but it may be time to start again. Who knows, maybe I'll just enjoy it in stock form for a while instead. Regardless, I know I'm going to love it. I think I moved back to the mountains at the perfect time. :vtec:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Welcome to the Ocho!™

Where in NC are you? if your in the mountains you need to make your way to the Dragon meet on the 6th.

·
Registered
139 Posts
dave421 said:
Got a damn good deal on it too.
Damn, am I the only person in NC that still can't find a dealer that doesn't **** me around? No one wants to compete with each other, I quote the lowest price dealer's price and the other dealers are like "you better buy it at that price".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm currently moving from Knightdale to my hometown of Hickory (what a huge change...)

I'd love to make the meet at the Dragon but I won't be able to. I'll probably be up there late next month though.

Alpha, I got the same thing. I used to work at Leith Honda and they were giving me a very good price. Then my Dad called the dealer where he just bought 2 Pilots and they sold me one with Summer Tires, wheel locks, & mud guards for the same price so... All the other dealers either flat out lied ("That's below invoice and they're lying to you") or refused to quote anything. I will say that Honda of Morganton was willing to give me a pretty decent price but had nothing without accessories already added.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
dave421 said:
I'm currently moving from Knightdale to my hometown of Hickory (what a huge change...)

I'd love to make the meet at the Dragon but I won't be able to. I'll probably be up there late next month though.

Alpha, I got the same thing. I used to work at Leith Honda and they were giving me a very good price. Then my Dad called the dealer where he just bought 2 Pilots and they sold me one with Summer Tires, wheel locks, & mud guards for the same price so... All the other dealers either flat out lied ("That's below invoice and they're lying to you") or refused to quote anything. I will say that Honda of Morganton was willing to give me a pretty decent price but had nothing without accessories already added.
Hey man im in Lenoir NC, let me know if you ever come up this way. i got a habenero red si.

·
Registered
139 Posts
dave421 said:
...("That's below invoice and they're lying to you")...
Oh man, that sounds so familiar. Don't know how many sales people have been treating me like an idiot telling me that another dealership is lying to me when the quoted price is barely lower than MSRP.

I'm very close to giving up for the 2007s, might as well wait for the 2008.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
sucks your moving away from here dave. WE got a pimp little 8th gen possy around.

THe car is awsome in stock form. But if your like me you'll hang around this site more and more and soon enough you'll be buying mods. lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome. Glad to see another NC member. I'm 32 and stopped modifying for a while as well because I convinced myself I was too old for that. I had a set of wheels waiting in the garage before my Si was even delivered and it's been a steady decline into modifying addiction ever since. Enjoy your new whip.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Wlcome to the site bro! Congrats on your new purchase. Be sure to check us out in the regional section of the forum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't wait for this weekend. I'm going to be heading back to the triangle this weekend. Got a party Fri. night and then I have to install some D2s on my buddy's S2000 in exchange for a photoshoot so expect pics next week.

Alpha, definitely better to buy an 07 if you're looking for price. Start calling around or visiting (if possible) dealerships tomorrow. They've got a few days before end of the month and they'll be wanting to get rid of stuff. Let me know what the best price you've gotten is and where you're at and I'll see if I can help you out some. I've definitely got special circumstances but I'm getting it for about $100 over invoice.

·
Registered
529 Posts
welcome dave...dang with all the people in NC we need to have a meet in Hickory or Winston one night...i'm 45 mins away from hickory or winston and only 30 away from Lenoir....pm me if any of y'all want to meet up one night we will all hit Hickory

·
Registered
529 Posts
TNguyen7 said:
welcome man, i'm about an hr N of you in boone! we should do a meet in the western side of NC soon!
no **** boone? man i lived there for two years loved it i'm back in wilkesboro now....i'm in boone all the time man pm me your # and i'll give ya a shout next time i'm up

1 - 20 of 37 Posts