8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello all!

1K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  TheChosenGuy 
#1 ·
Hello... I'm a n00b here. Just ordered my 2006 Civic VTi-L (in Australia) and it arrives on Saturday. Not sure what you guys call it in America, but it's the 4 door sedan (we don't have any 3-door/hatch models in Australia). *is excited as this is my first car*

I'm also planning to do some upgrades... so far I only got the factory fitted spoiler, but I'm gonna post a topic regarding the audio on the technology thingy board here on 8thcivic.com- if you know anything about car audio (or the new Civic), please advise.

Cheers,
jeff.
ps. The Honda I bought is the same as the one on www.hondacivic.com.au (notice the australian site?)~

#3 ·
Thanks! I don't know what that is... us Aussies get different models to Americans I think. As for plans, apart from sound upgrades, my cousins in M'sia who modify alot of cars are going to help me upgrade a few bits which won't void the warranty like adding HIDs, chrome tip exhausts, etc...

I uploaded pics from the dealership to http://jace88.atspace.org under the Honda section (not in the Cars folder). If you're bored, I've also got pics of my two cousin's cars in the Cars folder.

#10 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys :) I also like the way my cousin put the stickers/colouring on the Evo- it was originally a very boring looking silver car, but was then upgraded to look like the Rally Cars. My personal favourite is the blue GReddy 350z.

leviathan18 said:
the australian civic is the same as JDM but i like more the USDM or the european hatchback.... the only thing i like from the JDM is the mugen dominator that thing is beatiful
We only get the 5 door here :( They said no 3 door models coming, and the Euro hatch won't be imported anytime soon because it would cost over $35k aussie; which is approaching the price of cars like WRX, Golf GTi, Mini Cooper, Astra SRi Turbo, etc..

#12 ·
Wow that looks nice... but yeh it looks pretty similar to my car except with a lot of things changed (eg. interior seats, exterior spoiler, body kit, movement of twin exhaust, etc..). Can anyone tell me what exactly Mugen is? Is it a tuning/modification company? I've only seen the stickers/logo but don't really know what they do exactly.

I'm planning on getting a few parts off my cousins for the Civic. Just hope it still looks nice because I'm modifying a sedan (rather than a 3dr model) and doesn't make it look crap. I'm planning to do some subtle changes, probably won't add body kit after realising (from friends) how unpractical they are on Australian roads, but I'll try to do subtle changes to the look (see my cousin's R34 in the earlier link)- I won't go too far (like the 300zx which IS a drag car).

Wouldn't mind some nice Recaro seats :) but... that'll wait until my income rises a bit more.

#16 ·
Ahh alright. Thanks.

I know my Civic is made in Thailand- we get alot of Honda cars cheap from there (in Australia) because of a free trade agreement (ie. no taxes/tariffs), but it looks similar to the Civic they sell in Singapore which is made in Japan (but also comes with Stability Control- something Thailand-made Hondas do not come with).

#19 ·
Just thought I'd come back and see how things were =]

Replica Mugen kits are aplenty now... ranging from $800aud for just the styling set (front/rear/side under) to the $1200aud for the full kit incl. grille and rear wing. Note: This is all unpainted, and may not incl. delivery.

I personally just ordered a genuine Mugen Rear Wing for my Civic. I'm holding out for a nicer and more aggressive bodykit- my mate bought the full genuine Mugen kit for his white Civic (incl. grille and wing) and it looks hot; but I'd like to be different. Maybe HKS might come up with something!

Planning to buy an exhaust sometime in the near future but worried about getting in trouble upon importing it back to Aus.

Anyway, some more pics are up; http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.