8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :wavey:

I am in California and looking for a 2010 Civic Si Sedan, Tafetta White.

I've called 5 dealers with no success. Are there any sales people on here that can help me locate one? I thought the Si was a popular car! Why isn't Honda sending more to dealers?

Thank you

·
Registered
385 Posts
i see this your first post so i wont flame you about anything.

they stopped producing Si's months ago and i just talked to my sales rep that i bought my civic from and they are not continuing the Si into production next year.
you wont find a new one if you havent already.

i live in Ga and i havent seen a new Si on a lot since january.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's terrible that Honda still advertises them on it's website and does not produce them!

I've owned 5 Honda's and was hoping to get a new sedan. I just got off the phone with another dealer and they said one black coupe was coming in but he wasn't sure if it was a sold unit or not...

I guess I should have gotten one in 09 when I had the chance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never owned a used vehicle. OCD? lol

2011 Mustang or Camaro I guess. Time to save even more money, unless someone on here finds me one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you guys like the 11 mustangs? 31 mpg sounds nice!

They don't look bad at all, and 300 hp is more than enough. V6 haters everywhere, I can see it now. Why didn't you get the V8?! :/

·
Registered
385 Posts
it doesnt matter what you get, theres always going to be some higher trim or bigger engine available that us normal people cant afford.

i wish i had a nickel for everytime i see the post "shouldve got an Si" on all these threads.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There are similar threads.

In September the new model year cars will arrive and all will be well with the world.

If you are desperate get on the internet and search country wide, but I would wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm happy driving my current vehicle for the time being. In that case what cars in the 20-32k price range would you recommend?

32k max would be with destination and tax, that's all I can spend.

I'd like something that will hold onto it's value, leather not required, I do like to go fast sometimes :)

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
i see this your first post so i wont flame you about anything.

they stopped producing Si's months ago and i just talked to my sales rep that i bought my civic from and they are not continuing the Si into production next year.
you wont find a new one if you havent already.

i live in Ga and i havent seen a new Si on a lot since january.
Your Honda Salesman doesn't know anything. They know less about the cars that they sell than half the people on this forum.
Their manager tells them things like that so they can work harder into selling the cars they have on the lot already.
Half the time, the manager doesn't even know sh*t. He doesn't know if the production will continue or not...he doesn't really care as well. He's worried about the present, not the future.

The Si ISN'T being discontinued.
It also WILL continue production at the end of the year...

OP just wait a little while if you can. 2011 Si's will be coming out by August-September time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Your Honda Salesman doesn't know anything. They know less about the cars that they sell than half the people on this forum.
Their manager tells them things like that so they can work harder into selling the cars they have on the lot already.
Half the time, the manager doesn't even know sh*t. He doesn't know if the production will continue or not...he doesn't really care as well. He's worried about the present, not the future.

OP just wait a little while if you can. 2011 Si's will be coming out by August-September time.
I have to agree in one thing: They know S****t about what Honda is doing. Every single one of them across the world.:eek:mg:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I'll try and hold out, I really like the community here at 8thcivic. I've never been into American cars. As much as I would like to drive a camaro or mustang I would rather have a Honda. Is that odd? lol

I love the sound of vtec, the great mileage, never had 1 problem with an of my other hondas.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
^ Nope, not odd at all. I don't like any American cars. Just not reliable enough for me.

The car from transformers and stuff is nice but...nah.

They need to put an Si in that bish! :dance:

And yes, the community here is very nice and knowledgeable with an exception of a few a-holes.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
can i see some evidence that Honda has discontinued production of the SI por favor? not that i'm doubting anyone, i just wanna read up on the info too. Thats madness.

I noticed you can still see them on the website, which means if you build one, you can special order it for an extra like $700 or something. That'd usually mean you can still get one new if you wanted.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
can i see some evidence that Honda has discontinued production of the SI por favor? not that i'm doubting anyone, i just wanna read up on the info too. Thats madness.

I noticed you can still see them on the website, which means if you build one, you can special order it for an extra like $700 or something. That'd usually mean you can still get one new if you wanted.
Not exactly what you asked for but it seems related to Honda's green switch.

honda civic type-r - Google Search

P.S. Didn't post the Google link to be a smart-ass, just showing there are multiple sources

1 - 20 of 28 Posts