8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Got the new Helix throttle body spacer on my car last night. Install was a breeze. I think the hardest part of it was getting the left over gasket out. Its a 1" solid billet with a weird design and kinda has a subtle whistle when shifting. Another member has it on his car and he said its the best $90 he's ever spent. No dynos here and I don't even have a base to compare with but it feels to have a little more torque.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hondacivicsi23 said:
where'd you buy? Does anyone know if this is better then p2r....?
I don't know if its better but the p2r seems to be just that, a spacer. The helix one has a designed to supposedly swirl the air going in the intake manifold thus the whistling sound. I also think the Helix one is thicker than the p2r but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Zeuceone said:
its like adding the tornado to your car.
I suppose it is like adding the tornado and a spacer in your car. By the way, it is 1/4" thicker than the other spacer. I believe its about the same price too. I had one on my truck before and Helix does what it claims.

I have not had the chance to really drive my car until my lunch break and I was getting on the freeway on ramp and I can definately feel the gains from the spacer. Pulls harder. Definately worth the money.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.