8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Helix spacer last week and installed it friday night!

This is by far, the best engine perfomance/sound upgrade to purchase for under $100 !

Installation was a piece of cake and took me about 25 minutes to install this piece.

There is a noticable difference in torque especially in 3rd and 4th gear. Nice sound to it aswell. Sounds like there is a bird trying to escape from under my hood!! :xyxnervou

I would recommend this piece to everyone who is on a bargain seeking to get better gas mileage, torque, and sound! :thumb:

I will post up pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
DeVoTeD_1 said:
I got my Helix spacer last week and installed it friday night!

This is by far, the best engine perfomance/sound upgrade to purchase for under $100 !

Installation was a piece of cake and took me about 25 minutes to install this piece.

There is a noticable difference in torque especially in 3rd and 4th gear. Nice sound to it aswell. Sounds like there is a bird trying to escape from under my hood!! :xyxnervou

I would recommend this piece to everyone who is on a bargain seeking to get better gas mileage, torque, and sound! :thumb:

I will post up pictures tomorrow.
Where did you purchase this ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i just installed mine friday as well. didnt notice much really, but ill find out after i fill up later. ive gone 175 miles on 1/2 tank driving spirited...ok like a fiend. i must say tho, there is a slight increase in hp/tq, because i still managed to keep the same distance between my roommate (s/c tc) after he replaces his broken diverter vlave. as for sound, on a light throttle, there is an intriguing whistle/whine as if an air leak. but its just the design. it looks just like the pictures.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'd say about the same thing but this piece is an inch thick compared to the
P2R(3/4)

I like this spacer! :dancing:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts