8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welll i was thinkin how does my black coupe will look whit some HID's

I have a friend that sells HELIOS HID's and they tell me that a 6000k kit will look fine in my 06... but he doesnt have 9006(low beam[9005 high beam]) in stock, so we went whit a friend of him that have a shop (www.xenon-shop.com [web is in spanish]) and they told me that a 9000k will look crazy by the color of my car... so we just install that kit... and here are the results

stock vs HELIOS 9000k (in low beam)

whit HID

the 6000k kit will cost me 360 dlls whit my friend.... and the 9000k kit will cost me 460 dlls in the shop... but if i let him put me a sticker of his shop the will disscount me like 80 dlls so i thin thats a good deal
let me know that u think

whitout HID

stock in low, HID's in high beam

·
Registered
436 Posts
looks good. im getting 6000k too. at night take a pic of the beam pattern against a wall. put the car 20ft away from a wall. thx

·
Registered
84 Posts
u know that 4000k to 5000k is the brightest right? the 9000k kit will be like purple or something in color. and not as bright.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm just saying that it will be brighter but the color on the 6000k is blueish I think. Do some research on this stuff. go to 7thgencivic.com and click on the search button and search "HIDs" or "6000k" or "9000k" or something like that. there is a ton of info and that site

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yo no hablo espanol. Yo querro tomar muchos classes in el escuela.
I dont speak spanish. I wish I took more classes in school. damn Xeon site!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would pay the extra $80 and tell him to keep his sticker...

Just me though, I dont like stickers or badges...

Also, wont you prematurly kill the HID's if you put them in your High beam location? Is the High beam bulb the same bulb for the DRL's? In other words, you'd be driving around with the HID's on all the time? Last I checked that wasnt good...

Love the low beams though, what a differnce between those and stock...

·
Registered
241 Posts
why do you have hte hids in the high beam i thought most of the time that people but them in the low and never use the high or disengage it? but congrats on the first mod and first one to do it

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just put it in the high beam by 2 reasons
1.- i was wrong in the bulb type so while the guy get a 9006 kit... i install it in the high beam
2.- to see the diference in one headlamp

the sticker is a lil one... just by the size of the mark of the rear window.. i think lil smaller than the 7thgen ones.....

and no... theres not too dificult... only if you try to access by the engine bay, but i just "unscrew" the inner plastic of the fenders... its too easy from there

and yes its a bulb replace... i mean plug and play kit

kyle23: pues a practicar, ahi cuando quieras.... lol.... im the same as u.... i want to improve my english... i know that my english sucks... the last time that i went to Houston i dont know how does i survive alon 3 days... but it was cool
lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ lol
thats a good one...
i use it a lot of times
the problem whit the translators is that they only translate word by word... i mean no grammar structure....

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did that Spanish off the top of my head not from a website but it would have been faster if I did.

No, I'm not Kyle Juban.... whoever that is

Stop thread jacking! Keep it to HID's!!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ true true
i dont bought the HID's yet... cus i first want my licence plate and a tax that the goverment place for new cars....
so let me buy it the next weekend... or if someone get ones earlier place the DIY

·
Registered
44 Posts
meh. i say don't do it because higher kelvin rating means less lumens. less lumens means less light output means worse vision. higher kelvin also means more and more towards ultraviolet...and we all know that humans cannot perceive ultraviolet. yellow would be the best color to get, but that defeats the purpose of HID (bright white). i say go for 4100k OEM retrofit, but that's me and i'm biased

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
infinite012 said:
meh. i say don't do it because higher kelvin rating means less lumens. less lumens means less light output means worse vision. higher kelvin also means more and more towards ultraviolet...and we all know that humans cannot perceive ultraviolet. yellow would be the best color to get, but that defeats the purpose of HID (bright white). i say go for 4100k OEM retrofit, but that's me and i'm biased
4300K is the purest white HID you can find. 6000K is a blue tinted. OEM colored HID's are pointless; long throw yellowish tint is still not as clear in visibility as the white...I speak from my own experiences though so someone else's may be different. But the 4100K would, as you said, be kinda pointless...he could just buy some "HID-look" bulbs from his local Pep Boys-ish store. :D

If you want a bluish tint, Phillips just released a 6600K DS2/L bulb that's probably the brightest color tinted bulb on the market. Dang, I can't wait til December...I want my car :mad: :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 6000k that i have on my car id blueish, i kinda wish i would have bought the 5000k kit it probablt would look more white. anyway, it works great, alot brighter than silver star bulbs that i tried but not a nuisance to other drivers. I bought the McCulloch kit for 314.99 shipped. plug and play.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts