8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
do you really need it? our seats dosnt get too cold unlike those leather seats that really freeze up during winter times.
It's just so nice to drive around in the winter with the windows down, heater blowing on your hands, and heated seats keeping the rest warm. The best sunday drive (cruising backroads) I've ever enjoyed involved a BMW 330Ci vert with the top down, heated seats, and the heater blowing.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It's just so nice to drive around in the winter with the windows down, heater blowing on your hands, and heated seats keeping the rest warm. The best sunday drive (cruising backroads) I've ever enjoyed involved a BMW 330Ci vert with the top down, heated seats, and the heater blowing.
actually sounds pretty nice :hitit:

·
Registered
769 Posts
We do the same in our S2000 :) It's actually quite nice....

(except no heated seats!)

·
Registered
41 Posts
warm buttt....

all my vws since '83 had them.......and this was actually on my yes/no list for the Si versus GTI.

Three winters in Ohio with a TDI (slow to heat!).....heated seats were a must. You can stop cooking the air and get comfortable .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I work at a dealer. We use a vendor for katzkin leather installs, heated seats and sunroofs. They have told me before that they can make ANY auto seats heated. They use a switch with high and low settings and they work very well in the cars they have done for my customers.
We charge $400 for the 2 front seats when done during a leather conversion. Cost to the dealer is $300. I don't know how much more it costs if you aren't having the upholstery changed. Probably a few hundred more. Maybe $500 cost.
For anybody in the philly/south jersey area the company's name is RSC and they are in Berlin, NJ. If you're out of my area I would just call whatever company your local car dealers use for leather interior conversions.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
theres nothing like heated seats ,and honda really dropped the ball on hooking us all up with some nice heated seats.my brother has the 2008 accord coupe and iam so upset that the si didnt come with that as well...just another way for honda to save a few bucks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not gonna sit here and say it can't be done although i know through the factory its done through the multiplex control unit in the fuse box. It wouldn't be anything to wire them up to the factory switches and a relay. The only problem i have with doing it is i don't think honda is stupid. Hear me out on this one. The Si is the top of the line model and yet they put the heated seats on the ex-l models only. And if you look at the other honda models accord for example you only see the heated seats on the models with leather. I don't think i've seen a car with heated cloth seats. I'm not saying that they don't exist but at the same time there's a reason honda chose not to put it on the si the top of the line model civic and put it on the ex instead. I don't think out seat material is cut out for it. just my .02.

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
Who cares if it's a waste of money or not - you could argue pretty much any aftermarket accessory is a waste of money. Do you NEED A/C? Of course not, it's a luxury.. much like what the OP wants.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been in several saabs and subarus that have oem heated cloth seats. I believe there have been many european market cars over the years that have heated cloth seats.

Modern synthetic foams and fabrics aren't going to just erupt in flames from electric seat heaters. The convention that heaters usually come with leather has nothing to do with flammability - its just because leather FEELS alot colder to the touch when its cold out, so manufacturers started bundling the 2 options together.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.