8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just decided to find out information concernin the legality of headlights in nj. from what the inspector told me (the number is 1888-656-6867) headlights have to be dot approved and white in nj. so for those in nj wanting to pass an inspection or be street legal for the most part, here's the info! as for me.. looking for dot approved hid.

edit: found a website
DOT APPROVED HID KIT and BULBS

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
you do realize DOT approved does not mean legal and/or street legal right? It can be DOT approved and you can still fail insepction for the lights. I failed with my old car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard about that, but i'm just going by what that inspector told me. he said they only have to be dot approved and be white to pass inspection... then again, he really didn't know what hids were. curious, how did you fail your inspection?

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
i heard about that, but i'm just going by what that inspector told me. he said they only have to be dot approved and be white to pass inspection... then again, he really didn't know what hids were. curious, how did you fail your inspection?
Mind u this wasnt in my Si.

I had aftermarket tails. It said DOT approved on the light itself. Still failed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts