8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've been driving around during the night and all of the sudden my headlights just turn off... Everything else is light up and working, its just my headlights. All i have to do is reset my headlight switch (off -> on) and they came back up. As far as diagnostics for it, all i can see is that it happens when i am moving around the right side knob of the radio (like switching folders or browsing radio stations). I have only gotten it twice so can't really tell if its actually that and can't find similar issues around here... Anyone else getting this? Could it be the fuse going out?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Fuses don't 'go out' they either work or don't.
A relay could exhibit these properties. It could get hot and switch off. I imagine they're the same relay so just switch it with another identical one and see what happens.

Aside from that, have you done any electrical mods like lighting or system? They could give you problems.
B

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuses don't 'go out' they either work or don't.
A relay could exhibit these properties. It could get hot and switch off. I imagine they're the same relay so just switch it with another identical one and see what happens.

Aside from that, have you done any electrical mods like lighting or system? They could give you problems.
B

Thanks for the reply. Nah, the lighting system is stock. I bought the car used thou but it doesn't seem like they did any changes to it (HID or any improv... lol). It does have amp and sub in the back. Its like a 500w amp and i don't have it maxed out. It happens with the sub at -6 (pretty much no sub) so I am not really thinking that has to do with anything. I'll keep doing diag everytime it happens... i just hope it doesn't happen while on the highway :facepalm:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts