8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently put in 8000k hids in my civic si and it was my first time doing it and it took me a long time. I finished the job and it works fine but one of the headlights(right side), the bulb, i guess is pointing up too high so they are not level.

A friend of mine says that you can adjust the lights so they can both shine at the same level with a wrench without having to go through all the trouble of removing everything again. If this is true, i was wondering where and how to adjust the light, thanks.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
you adjust them witha srew driver, there should be a hole, or i think its a slot where you can adjust them up or down. im goin out to smoke anyway ill double check

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Is it that much trouble to just reseat the bulb?
If you adjust the housing so its leveled with the other one, then your DRL's will be off. If you want DRL to be leveled and the low beams to be leveled, best to just fix the bulb.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Open the hood up, and you should see two holes directly above the headlights, which apparently doesn't lead to anywhere. If you still have the plastic cowling on top, you'll see that it has arrow indicators on it. Shine a light down there, pick up a long philips screw driver, and follow the arrows to move the lights up or down.

Please be forewarned that you want to do this on a flat surface 12-18 feet away, so you can really level them. If you're pretty close, it's hard to tell the difference of 1 degree, but if you're further away, those small increments are greatly magnified.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
You know the right is supposed to be a little higher than the left right? So you don't blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
truflip said:
Is it that much trouble to just reseat the bulb?
If you adjust the housing so its leveled with the other one, then your DRL's will be off. If you want DRL to be leveled and the low beams to be leveled, best to just fix the bulb.
word i didn't know that, good piece of info

but anyway heres some pics

1 - 12 of 12 Posts