8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I installed Klight HID lows and fogs in the fall. They worked beautifully until now. But I still love them. Here is whats up.

I went out of state for 5 days and it dipped down to 0 degrees F a few times while I was gone. Came back. SI is dead and figured I left light on. Start it up via jumper cable and charge it up. Next morning dead. Repeat this process all day (driving and charging batter, and dead only a few hours later.)

Well I go to school and a buddy comes in saying my fogs are on. I say that is impossible, you must mean the lows, or the fogs and lows. He said no, "just the yellow ones". I go out and sure enough the fog lights are on with the dash switch turned to full off.

SO my thought is that the switch is bad. Sometimes when driving I can not even get the fogs on. It is wierd. Before I remover the bumper and tire gaurds, I wanted to hear some 8thcivic expert opinions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Going to jump the car.

gup

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know it would be the altrenator thats bad when it is the foglights running when the car is not is whats running down the battery. Unless I am completely missing somthing?!

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
you have aftermarket fogs, right?
If so, then the wiring that comes with the aftermarket fogs will not lit up the fog light in your dash.

·
Registered
571 Posts
definitly not the alternator or the car would die while it was running when your alternator is starting to go you will see the battery light in the dash come on and off randomly while driving my old car did that then 3 days later alternator went

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you have aftermarket fogs, right?
If so, then the wiring that comes with the aftermarket fogs will not lit up the fog light in your dash.
Yes I do have after market fogs, and yes, it does light up the fog light indicator in my dash. The lights perform identically to OEM parts. Just the different type of light

definitly not the alternator or the car would die while it was running when your alternator is starting to go you will see the battery light in the dash come on and off randomly while driving my old car did that then 3 days later alternator went
Ya.

I would think it has to be the switch in the stearing collum. Does any one who knows about this stuff agree or disagree?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i would start with the wiring before the switch maybe one of the hot wires is grounding off somewhere ? check the interior under dash harness ! very rarely do headlight switches go bad most of the time they brake ! and you really have to man handle a lane change to do that !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts