8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a friend of mine smoke his headlights with these special headlight paint from jdm tuning. Good idea or bad? Input helps thanks

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
Bad Idea. First off it's illegal, and secondly your light output is greatly reduced.

A few other reasons for not doing it are:
1. Heat will not dissipate as efficiently, and cause your bulbs to run hotter, and if you have HID's they'll probably burn something.
2. They look like ****.
3. You look like a ricer.
4. They look like ****.
5. It'll burn through eventually with the heat of the lights and then they'll look like even more ****.

All the bleeps are sh!t btw.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Bad Idea. First off it's illegal, and secondly your light output is greatly reduced.

1. Heat will not dissipate as efficiently, and cause your bulbs to run hotter, and if you have HID's they'll probably burn something.
2. They look like ****.
4. They look like ****.
5. It'll burn through eventually with the heat of the lights and then they'll look like even more ****.

although this guy got a good point haha. :wigglesmiley: good job b17 never thought of it like you ;)

·
Registered
9,595 Posts

2. They look like ****.
4. They look like ****.

all true except the hid point,, hid's run cooler then stock bulbs :)

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
Well, I have 55w and they def feel hotter than stock, and I know a lot of people run 55w so I included that.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
all true except the hid point,, hid's run cooler then stock bulbs :)
True, but it doesnt matter, the heat from the light is the same, if not, greater than halogen.

On another note, I think it'd look sick.
BUT, light output is greatly reduced. If I did it, I'd just smoke the headlights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts