8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ah i need help my friends right headlight is tooo low. and we cant get it to aim up again.. :/
anyone know how to get it up?

·
Banned
171 Posts
I've heard that the headlight is already "high" by default. I think there are about 1.5" left for it to go high. Do not turn the knob too much, or you'll grind the plastic gears.

Again, this is from what I have heard. I actually have to lower a headlight this weekend.

Make sure that the bulb is properly seated. My HIDs made my left bulb too high, so I need the adjust that.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
What are you turning to raise the headlight? I need to raise both sides of mine to shine about a foot higher from 20 feet away or so. someone take a picture of what you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Find the adjusting screws for the headlights. They will probably be inset adjacent to the headlight. You'll find a horizontal and a vertical adjusting screw, with small springs behind them. Some cars come equipped with a small level (like a carpenter's level) attached to the top of the headlight under the hood to help you get the correct adjustment

Turn the adjusting screws with a Phillips screwdriver while looking at the wall. Turn slowly and continue to check the wall

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
if you look on the headlight with the hood up there is a U & D on the black part of the headlight housing, just stick a long philips head screwdriver in the slot and turn the gear.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what she said :rotfl:
damn it bio you ***.. hahaha

um i went out and took a look. nope no screws it has this thing that shows hight adjustment but doesnt use screws it uses a bolt thing.. hm

can someone go out and look at the car and tell me?
thanks i still not sure.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
damn it bio you ***.. hahaha

um i went out and took a look. nope no screws it has this thing that shows hight adjustment but doesnt use screws it uses a bolt thing.. hm

can someone go out and look at the car and tell me?
thanks i still not sure.
Fail, where does the guy live?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you use an 8mm socket and a ratchet. there is a bolt on each side that you tighten or loosen to aim up or down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts