8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a header for a K24 Frankenstein build? I finally got my motor running, but the upstream o2 sensor is mashed against the underbody of the car. I tried denting in the underbody to no avail. Also the hanger on the exhaust is up against the hanger on the body so it vibrates like a son of *****, and I can't put the exhaust hanger on. The absolute multitude of tiny things I can't find a solution for are making me wish I just got a K20 bottom end. Another example being the original intake manifold support bar no longer reaches high enough to secure the manifold.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
167 Posts
im running a dna motoring ebay ****....it does the job or

run the skunk 2 header and put some washers under ur mount to tilt the header

or go to an exhaust shop and get ur car on a lift and get sum real help. tell them exactly what u said in here lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im running a dna motoring ebay ****....it does the job or

run the skunk 2 header and put some washers under ur mount to tilt the header

or go to an exhaust shop and get ur car on a lift and get sum real help. tell them exactly what u said in here lol

Thanks, I will probably just trailer it down to an exhaust shop at some point soon. I can't get the AF ratio to stay where it should be at idle, so it isn't even driveable yet. This car is going to give me an aneurysm.

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
167 Posts
Thanks, I will probably just trailer it down to an exhaust shop at some point soon. I can't get the AF ratio to stay where it should be at idle, so it isn't even driveable yet. This car is going to give me an aneurysm.
Everyone goes thru it but once its up and running it’ll be sick 👌🏻

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes I did a frank swap on my 06 si and with the headers you either have to pound the firewall in a little bit or you can get the plm tri y v2 headers made for 8th gen si doing a k24 swap so you're headers don't hit off the firewall and your o2 sensor isn't smashed against the undercarriage. That's prolly the rattling you are hearing as that's what move was doing. I had DC sports headers when I first did my frank swap and then realized that headers hitting off the firewall is a common issue and rattles horribly. I got the plm headers and it stopped. Just type in plm try y v2 headers and you'll see it's specifically made for a k24 swap. The end of the headers are bent down a tad to miss the firewall. Ktuned also makes a headers for 8th gens doing a k24 swap but plms is cheaper. Any other questions you have let me know. A k24 swap is simple but does require a couple things. Like the crv passenger side motor mount, if you want to use your oil cooler you have to use the z3 alt, water pump and ac condenser I believe as well because k24s don't come with a oil cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I did a frank swap on my 06 si and with the headers you either have to pound the firewall in a little bit or you can get the plm tri y v2 headers made for 8th gen si doing a k24 swap so you're headers don't hit off the firewall and your o2 sensor isn't smashed against the undercarriage. That's prolly the rattling you are hearing as that's what move was doing. I had DC sports headers when I first did my frank swap and then realized that headers hitting off the firewall is a common issue and rattles horribly. I got the plm headers and it stopped. Just type in plm try y v2 headers and you'll see it's specifically made for a k24 swap. The end of the headers are bent down a tad to miss the firewall. Ktuned also makes a headers for 8th gens doing a k24 swap but plms is cheaper. Any other questions you have let me know. A k24 swap is simple but does require a couple things. Like the crv passenger side motor mount, if you want to use your oil cooler you have to use the z3 alt, water pump and ac condenser I believe as well because k24s don't come with a oil cooler.
Thanks, I already have the engine in and running. I am just waiting on my boomba solid torsion mounts before I dive into tuning it because the exhaust hitting the firewall is annoying. Although it really just happens on startup so far. But I imagine when I start putting a heavy load on the motor it will do it then as well. I did have to dent in the firewall a bit so the exhaust and o2 sensor clear without touching.

I didn't install the oil cooler from the old motor, but I pulled it off and saved everything in case I decide to later.

I looked at the PLM header and it says it is for the K20, but can fit the K24 with firewall modification and a solid rear mount, which is the situation I am in now. The Ktuned header says it is specifically for the K24 swap, but of course they are out of stock. I am hesitant to buy one anyway since if I decide to go turbo I wouldn't need it anymore anyway.

I am just worried about a turbo manifold being up too high with the higher deck of the K24 block, or the supercharger not clearing the hood if I go with a Kraftwerks kit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here the link PLM Power Driven K-Series K24 Header Civic Si FG FD FA V2
It was named plm tri y v2 header when I bought it last year they since changed the name. You can get it with a 2.5" collector or 3" collector or with a cat on it. I would watch driving it like that because that's a great way to Crack your headers man I'd be careful. I'd consider installing the oil cooler as that's added protection for your motor man. I'd also install a catch can as these motors are known to burn oil in vtec. A turbo will fit a s/c I'm sure will as well because many people have went boost with k24 k20s and not had an issue. Ya my motor mounts are getting bad and I plan on eventually maybe going boomba since they sell the set for pretty cheap compared to hasboro. I have the hasboro rear mount which you do have to modify it slightly as in just grind a bit off but the boomba kit if just the dogbone mount, front mount and the upper trans mount I believe which is prefect. Only bad side is they are 85a or 90a I believe which is race mount territory so you'll feel every vibration from your motor. Some people like it some don't definitely worth it for 200 bucks though compared to hasboro which is 4-500 for those mounts. Boombas fuel rail is great too. I have their fuel rail on my car and it's 70 compared to ktuned or hybrid which are 200 plus. Ktuned has been out of stock on lots of stuff. Anyways just be careful people have cracked their headers after doing k24 swaps because of it slapping against the firewall, it's the worst on start up or when you get on the gas but id be careful.
Font Parallel Number Document Symmetry

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Font Hood Bumper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome, that is definitely a different PLM one than I was looking at. The only other K24 header I could find before you directed me to PLM was almost $1800. Which is way too much and doesn't allow a cat. And would be a big waste of money if I get a turbo kit. But I haven't been driving the car. I just got it running, then putted around the block to get some some data to do the initial drivability tuning on the 0° low cam. I will probably put the oil cooler system back on when I install whatever forced induction system I go with. Taking off the water pump without pulling the engine is an unbelievable pain in the ass.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya the plm header you can get with a cat for an extra 100 or so. They sell a high flow cat which is 200 cell but you can find a 100 cell high flow cat on summit racing for under 100$. Ya it'll definitely need it if you go boosted with all that extra heat. Going flex fuel would help keep things cooler as well and make a lot more power. Sirimoto makes a great flex fuel kit called sirimoto pnp flex fuel kit for 8th gen si. You can get it off procivic.com and since your a member of this forum if you contact them and tell them you are you'll get a discount code for everytime you order something for them but you have to call in and get a different code every time you go to offer something. Well good luck man especially with finding a t/c or s/c as the government has been cracking down big time. Plm doesn't even make turbo kits anymore because of the government although cx or cr racing makes a good cheap kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts