8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So I have a 07 civic Si and I'm debating whether I should do a DC sport header and Greddy Evo2 catback first, or if I should do an Injen intake and Greddy Evo2 catback. What do you guys think??

Also, is there a SIGNIFICANT difference between the short ram intake and cold air intake? I'm sure the short ram can be done in about 5 minutes and the cold air takes a couple hours since you have to remove the front bumper. Just curious if it makes THAT much of a difference. Thanks!

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
get a DC header and Evo2 first, read most of the threads on this site pertaining to the power gains from SRIs and CAIs, and then decide on what intake you want. while you're doing that you could spend 45 dollars on a K&N drop in filter if you wanted.
the injen CAI will make you run rich, the fujita SRI will make you run lean, and I don't know how the K&N SRI makes you run. there IS power to be gained from either intake.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Header then intake... reflash if you want to send your ECU off and dump $600... exhaust if you want to make noise when you drive.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
ErichPryde said:
get a DC header and Evo2 first, read most of the threads on this site pertaining to the power gains from SRIs and CAIs, and then decide on what intake you want. while you're doing that you could spend 45 dollars on a K&N drop in filter if you wanted.
the injen CAI will make you run rich, the fujita SRI will make you run lean, and I don't know how the K&N SRI makes you run. there IS power to be gained from either intake.

And the AEM SRI?

·
Registered
881 Posts
chriscj99 said:
Ok,
So I have a 07 civic Si and I'm debating whether I should do a DC sport header and Greddy Evo2 catback first, or if I should do an Injen intake and Greddy Evo2 catback. What do you guys think??

Also, is there a SIGNIFICANT difference between the short ram intake and cold air intake? I'm sure the short ram can be done in about 5 minutes and the cold air takes a couple hours since you have to remove the front bumper. Just curious if it makes THAT much of a difference. Thanks!

Keep the stock exhaust, it is plenty high flow. Get the header, forget the intake.

-Freq

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
And the AEM SRI?
I don't know anything about the AEM SRI. there's an 8th member in my area with one on his car, and I was planning on doing some dynoing early next year. Maybe I can drag him along and see what it does. :thumb: I was planning on comparing a couple of different intake options...

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
x intake from what i see, thats what im going to get when i got the mula

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
DCRH + X's intake. Best bang for the buck.
yes this is the best for performance.

I would go intake first, exhaust second, and header third, just my $0.02.
^^y. that is the exact opposite if you want performance.

Dc Header
X intake
p2r spacer and gaskets
then exhaust

1 - 20 of 22 Posts