8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed vibrant headers and Skunk 2exhaust on my 08 Si. I had a couple problems after.
1. I only got one defouler. Do i need a second?
2. While driving it hesitates until i like floor it. ??? Is that because the one o2 sensor doesn't have a defouler?
3. The exhaust piping right behind i think the first heat shield has a metal thing right above it, it is not a heat shield the piping and the metal has barerly any clearance and vibarates and causes a lot of noise while starting it up and driving sometimes and also at idle or at the worst when the engine hesistates while driving.
Does anyone have any awnser on these problems. Now the Skunk 2 exhaust did have like a wierd 3 prong piece that came with the exhaust i never saw anything like it and thought mabye it was just for the original header to extend the exhaust or something. So if anyone has any ideas or thoughts please feel free to post or PM me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i read all i could i think it might be backpressure causing the hesitation i'm not really sure but I don't know why it would be giving me this problem other then i have the defouler on the wrong O2 sensor but don't know if that would cause a problem but i cant find anything on the clearance issue.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Try taking some pictures of what you can and post it up. That will give everyone a better idea of the issues you are having. First thing is first, move the defouler to the 2nd 02 sensor and see if that helps.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
subscribed to this thread. sorry I couldn't answer your questions through PM. some pics will definitely help.

Also, like whitecivicsi said, reset your ECU. just unplug the negative cable from your battery, wait ten mintues, then hook it back up. it'll take a day or so of driving for your ECU to adjust to your new setup. also, if you're hearing rattling still, check the exhaust hangers on the skunk2 muffler. they're likely hitting the cars frame and they probably need to be shortened.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
yea the reason u are probably getting some hesitation is because u have the defouler on the wrong o2 sensor. the first o2 sensor drives the car and tells the ecu the air/fuel ratio how much fuel to be used to the amount of air. the 2nd o2 sensor has the sensor. any extra air flow it sets off the check engine light. ur prob running rich not having the primary o2 sensor directly into the header instead u have it in the defouler. and the check engine light is on because u have the 2nd one directly into it. like he said above ^^^^ move the defouler to the 2nd o2 sensor and be sure to reset ur ecu. let it idle for about 10 min after u reset it and then take it for a test run. car should run and drive normal and u should not have check engine light.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.