8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the choice between an audi a4 for about 550 a month taxes in. No down payment no nothing walk away happy lease. Good deal. Honda wants to keep me locked though good offer on the 06 si for about 350 a month taxes in. Same deal but i get the 18 inch rims included sport kit for the coupe. The audi has 4 doors cheaper on insurance and only costs 200 more but comes wiht leather, heated seats, 6 disc changer, multi tronic which is amazing rev matches lower gears for you, 18 inch rims, sunroof, any colour of my choice and no maintenance for four years on my three year lease. Which means no cost for drviing vehicle other than gas expense which i can run regular gas on. Now its obviour for 200 more it makes sense to go with the audi but what do you guys think im still unsure. The audi is amazing and 1800-500 207 ft pounds of torque makes me very happy just not sure what to get.

·
Registered
436 Posts
well...

ill help you but in the end it should be ur choice. there are alot of factors. alot of what u said that could help. here r my pros/cons i look for.

PROS:
- good gas mileage
- efficient for my daily duties
- good steering feed back
- good suspension
- wont age fast around other cars
- comfort and interior options
- etc

CONS:
- bad gas mileage
- looses value fast
- interior comfort
- etc

the list goes on and on. 1st and formost do u really want a 4dr/2dr. then u shop from there. its hard to compare a audi A4 to a civic. now if u compare the A4 to a TL..ok. or the only audi i would cross shop to the civic would be the A3. nice car arould the same price. im interested as to what u end up doing. keep us posted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wont believe it

Audi fsi 2.0 is acutally very fuel efficient and can run on regular gas though premium is recommended. The actual car build quality is great and so on. Just comes down to me making up my mind on whether the civic is a better choice and if i should wait. Are you looking to get the a3 i think its an ok idea but i dont know i think cause its new the interest rates are throught the roof as it will be with the actual SI IF YOU PLAN ON THAT. Also i dont think its worth it to spend that 26,500 or 25,400 on an si but its still less than the audi. Im very confused as to what to do. Your right two different cars but in the end both four cylinders just way more torque in the audi which is crazy power. If you like audis i can get you a deal on a lease as well but not on the a3 just on the a4. I have to decide by this month. or Ill have to wait till November 15. Tuff decision.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm in a similar situation: buy new 06 civ coupe ex or used 03 a4

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
How long do you want the car.... I mean take a look at long term tests to see how each car fairs too. Audi's are nice, but they tend to have problems down the road and are costly to repair (specially quattro ones) when compared to Honda's, but I'm sure someone is going to disagree with me on that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I gotta say, I think that the $200 difference per month is a bigger deal than you are making it. It translates to $7,200 over three years. Go with the Honda, it will hold its value better, plus you will be driving a new model car which will turn some heads. Also, if you run regular gas instead of premium, you won't be enjoying all that tourqe that seem to like so much. The Audi's performance will degrade without premium fuel. Of course...the civic si recommends premium as well.
my 2 cents.

·
1,630 Posts
yeah... people who run reguluar gas in engines that require premium, end up creating lots or carbon and then end up having problems with carbon build up inside the cylinders. Your plugs get fooled rather quickly too, I've been cleaning my GS-R because the guy that had it before me ran regular for a long time in it :mad: I don't think running regualr here or there will kill you, but you can not run it all the time. So take the fact that you get worse MPG AND gas costs more with the Audi.

·
Registered
241 Posts
obviously it sounds like you can afford it otherwise you wouldnt even be considering it so go with the audi, its only a lease and you only have pay gas the si with higher insurnce probaly in the end wont save you that much

·
1,630 Posts
I'm doubtful the insurance will be $200 more a month... the civic is the going to be cheaper no matter what.

·
Registered
241 Posts
but it will get closer is my point 350 a month, plus maintance, and higher insurance, will up maybe 450 or so , so its close enough where i would get the audi, but at the end you get to keep the si , but it sounds like you want the audi

·
1,630 Posts
crazykid3437 said:
but it will get closer is my point 350 a month, plus maintance, and higher insurance, will up maybe 450 or so , so its close enough where i would get the audi, but at the end you get to keep the si , but it sounds like you want the audi

I see your point, but by the same token you could add in maintance and higher fuel and worse fuel prices and be around $650 a month for the Audi. I don't know what this guy makes, but I make pretty decent money (six figures) and I can not justify spending that kind of money on a car, but that's just me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The maintenance is at ZERO COST TO THE OWNER FOR FOUR YEARS you only have to pay for premium gas which the service guy said you dont need. But i do want to know what you guys think the engine specs have a compression of 10.1 also turbod and its very fast it just pulls torque starts at 1800 rpm and ends at 5100 and horses kick in there which is 200. Very balanced. But please go into detail on the gas situation cause im confused does it really require premium and guys it is a lease but again if it is required i will do it. The si is just on my mind like what i could do wiht an extra 7200 more at the end of three years but im so uncertain. Hay skawner i can get u a deal on a standard 2006 a4 6spd manual wiht sunroof leather and heated seats with automated driver seats with ZERO DOWN WAIVE THE DEPOSITE AND ONLY INCEPTION COST OF 2200 WHICH INCLUDES FREIGHT PDI AND ALL THOSE STUPID TAXES AND BOOM YOU HAVE YOUR CAR FOR 579 TAXES INCLUDED YOU CANNOT BEAT THAT PRICE THAT IS HEAVILY DISCOUNTED. IN THE END TALK TO ME AND WELL DECIDE CAUSE THATS THE DEAL IM GETTING BUT FOR 10 BUCKS MORE I GET MULTI TRONIC WHICH IS SICK DOWN SHIFTS ARE REV MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep posts comming im interested to hear more feedback on my situation as well as other peoples situations. I may start a new thread.

·
Registered
420 Posts
can you say 2006 gti? same 2.0fsi as the audi and apr already has a $500 chip putting the 2.0fsi at 250hp and 300tq. the 2.0fsi is also in the jetta gli, a3, passat and will work with any of these apps. also the chip increases gas mileage about 3mpg and can not be detected by dealership VAG software. so its like having 250 warrantied horsepower. try getting 250hp out of an si and then see if the dealer is friendly with you about warranty issues.

·
1,630 Posts
Well, if you are just leasing the car, I guess you could put regular gas in it, I would not. You will loose power, the computer will tone back the timing and cause a loose of power and after a while you will not be able to get that power back without a complete cleaning of the head of the car, but you will turn it in before that is needed. Personally, I've leased quite a few cars now, and I'm done with it, I have one more lease to get rid of, then I'm never leasing agian. I just had to many headaches from it and it doesn't make since to buy a quality car to only have it for a few years while it deperciates the most it will ever deperciate, idk, that's just me though.

Getting back to the gas thing, I would not get a premium fuel car unless you are planning on getting premium fuel. As for the civic, oil changes are cheap, I've NEVER let that become part of my decision when buy a car. I don't really see how a civic is going to cost $100 a month in service, I mean oil changes cost me $15 every 4 months, and nothing else is going to be replaced for at least 3 years 36,000 miles...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts