8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a set of Black RPF1 17x8 w/ caps wrapped in 225/45 Axenis RT615K almost new.

Selling for $1400, guy offer me a trade of RPF1 SBC 17x9 with what appears to be stock 215/45 Michelins. He's willing to put cash on top.

To me, I'm almost thinking of at least $400 on top to make it worth my while. I'm not a fan of stretched tires and if I were to put some on, it would be 225's most likely.

What do you guys think? I'm not sure it's worth it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
His wheels should be worth about $300 more and will be a huge upgrade in looks IMO. I'm not a fan of 215 on a 9" wheel either, but I'd jump all over that if he is willing to add any cash at all. Maybe negotiate a tire swap as well, 215 would be better on those 8" wheels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do it! 17x9 RPF1's will forever have a much higher resale/trade value than the x8's since they're more at home on multiple chassis (240's, s2000's, etc...) especially for track applications. Sort the tire situation out with whatever he throws on top and you got yourself a killer deal. Hell if the Michelins have decent tread, you can dismount those and make a little more cash selling those for cheap. I'd shoot for 235 or 245s though, but it's all personal preference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With HFP, would 17x9's rub with a 235/40 ?

I'm not looking to modify the car in any way outside of these wheels and tires, so I would want to just handle a direct swap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't think it would but I'd check the RPF1 thread to see if anyone has the same setup (I'm sure there are multiple cars on here with that identical configuration)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts