8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up a 62A Hasport rear mount for my cara as it was highly recommended on this forum for a stockish car.

I bought this mount used so I imagined it would have already "broken in," but I'm hoping that's not the case.

I was warned there may be some vibrations at idle, but that's nothing compared to the noise/shaking this thing makes on takeoff.

If I don't ride the clutch like an old grandma, my car acts like it's being launched off every stop. Surely this can't be intentional. Unless it softens up, I fear I may have to swap it out.

Any help?

·
Registered
164 Posts
No they dont come broken in, it should take about two to three weeks and it will soften up considerably. I just went through this with my 70A. I cant imagine your 62A is that rough, many people said it softens up to stock level and will have issues like the stock mount does with the header contacting the firewall. Highway driving above 80mph is really rough but it has gotten a lot better, it just resonates so much. If you live in the cold it may also take longer and effect how stiff it feels too. Just give it time and it will go away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Texas so its not cold, and the mount was used so I would think it would be broken in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I also have a 70A on my car. Its not that bad once it was broken in. I kinda have a feeling you may have something higher than 70A cause theres no way it should feel like that

·
Registered
140 Posts
Rear mount

Did you install it correctly? I have the boomba rear mount, which is 75a I'm pretty sure and it is near stock for 90% of the driving that I do haha. At first the vibrations were crazy, but after 3 or 4k miles it broke in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Back from the dead I would just upgrade all of it and you wont notice. The main reason why you get alot of vibration is because the rest of the mounts are not upgraded yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My exhaust is so loud I can't even distinguish what is what LOL eventually I'm going to swap all the mounts. Just give it time you'll get used to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts