8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wondering if the Hasport Rear mount is fine to use with the stock header. I see a lot of people get the rear mount because of the header hitting the subframe, so they either got it with or after the installed their header. anyone have the rear mount with stock header and is it ok to use?

I plan on getting a header in the near future, plus one of my main goals is to get a perfect shifting experience, and i read that this greatly improves the shifting feel, as well as keeping the engine more planted. I already have the hybrid racing full replacement short shifter and their shifter cable bushings along with a weighted knob. i feel like the next step is the rear mount, then maybe the hr shifter cables if i have the money. I just want the car to feel more solid and have a nicer shift and i heard that the rear mount accomplishes this.

Regarding the stiffness, I would get the 62, but I do autocross so i figure i will go with the 70. I heard that one its broken in its not that bad at all, and a lot of people wish they had gone with the stiffer one over the 62.

And lastly, ive been reading up on the install and really want to do it myself cause I just enjoy this kind of stuff. Install looks like a PITA, and i have no experience in lifting the engine, doesnt look to hard, just never done it before, and am kinda weary about loosening the other mounts. ive installed my cai and short shifter. You all think i can do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the hasport rear 70a
-the vibrations arent very bad, once its broken in. The first start up and couple weeks of driving around, it can be obnoxious. You get used to the feeling and eventually wont even notice its there.

-as for the install, I had no problems really getting it installed. This was my first install of any type of motor mount, and I didnt really have a problem getting it in there. The original rear mount was designed a little different, hence all the people having to shave it down to get it to fit. The new ones arent as thick and slide in alot easier, all that will be needed is a screw driver, some grease and maybe even a rubber mallet. Just take your time and you will be fine. As for getting the motor jacked up, all I did was put the front on two jack stands and use my shop jack to just barely jack up the motor from underneath. you really only have to move a couple inches, nothing major.
It really isnt that hard of an install and you shouldnt be threatened by it. Just take your time and have some patients

I have nothing but good things to say about this mount, its stiff enough to keep any aftermarket header from banging the frame. Its a great product!

Edit: I didnt have to loosen any other mounts to get the hasport one in!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I installed the Hasport 70A rear mount when I put on my header and exhaust so I had the car jacked up already so I can't really say how it will affect the stock header, but I wouldn't think it would cause issues. Also like THJ416 said, the vibrations do go away after a a break in period and you get used to them.

As for installing the rear mount, I think its easier with a friend helping you. I used this DIY to help out: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine/252513-diy-hasport-mount-kit-install-pic-heavy.html. We found it easier to loosen the upper mount and the front lower mount, then he rocked the engine forward while I slid in the new hasport rear mount (which was well coated with white lithium grease on the black insert portion). Hope that helps and let us know if you have any issues!

·
Registered
572 Posts
so is the 70a breaking in or u guys just getting used to it .... lol
I've had my 70A for over a year (injected top dog bone and front as well). I recently installed the front injected mount, so I suspect that is still breaking in a bit.

Vibrations aren't bad at all...get ever so slight wheel hop when clutch happy, but it does not shake the car at all like it did previously with stock mounts. I am happy with the shifting after my EM1 install too.

Right after install of the 70A, I almost regretted my decision. It was loud and obnoxious inside, even w/o an aftermarket exhaust. Drone at 4k-6k rpm when cornering was pretty freakin loud. Now, it's still a bit loud, but nothing compared to what it was. About 15K miles on it and I'm never removing it until it breaks.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
My wife is running one on her car with no problems, I made a DIY on here a while back and she has had no problems :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Of course it is fine with the stock header, they have nothing to do with each other.

Just hope you dont get one like mine that didnt want to go into place, huge huge PITA getting that damn thing installed, and yes it was the newer style.

Just know that if you have any slight vibrations or pieces rubbing together on your car you will definitely find those once you it is installed

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey man it's a super simple install. I went with the 62 but as soon as it got broken in I wished I had gotten the 70. But, with that said, if you can allow your car to set for a day (over night) I would take it out and fill it with 3m window weld. I used the window weld on my dog bone and my front mount. It took a couple hours to do the project and it was like $18 bucks. I'd look into that man. It'll save you money and plenty of people have done it here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts