8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and couldn't find anything...

I am looking to get some new tires for my wife's car, I have the 18" BFGoodrich KDW's on my Si.

I wanted to get the 17" version for my wife's Si.

Well I got a quote from Discount Tires... and they wanted $700 for them.
I got to looking online and found the same tires at www.tires-easy.com for $371+ shipping...

Just wanted to know if anyone has used them at all?

http://www.tires-easy.com/start.html

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I am really tempted to get a set of the 17" BFG KDW's now for my wife... I was looking at cheaper tires as I couldn't stretch to Discount Tires prices right now...

This brings them back into the ballpark! They work out $399.71 shipped to my door! Not $700 like DT wanted!

Thanks for the quick reply and info!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Please note that the 215/45-17 87Y KDW has the traditional tread pattern and not the New tread pattern. They have the wrong picture on the site. To get the New pattern like that of your 18" you want the 215/45-17 91Y RF

Or you could grab the 225/45-18

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok... cool, thank you - so what does that look like then... the 215/45-17 87Y KDW if the image on their site is wrong?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for the quick replies.

I guess we can stretch $10 a tire more to get the same as the KDW's I have on my car right now...

I am not concerned that they are discontinued right now... as I am buying all 4 at once, but the problem arises further down the line if I have to replace one tire on it's own for some reason...

Thanks for the info...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts