8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.drcolorchip.com/

My front end isn't looking too great after a recent road-trip I had and I'd like to get them fixed if at all possible. The whole fill chip / wetsand / buff is too time-consuming and doesn't look as good as it could imo.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Don't waste your time or money. The chips will keep coming and it will not be worth it. :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i bought my si used and had rock chips. Eventually i coverd my hood in carbon fiber vinyl, out of site, out of mind. Plus it looks awsome imo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
looks like ass. In the right light it looks like those smears before the "blend".

Just my two cents, NO "touch up" anything ever looks right. Your trying to fill a hole by applying paint above the clearcoat. No matter what product or trick you try, its going to look ass.
When it gets bad enough, wrap it or repaint.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

My front end isn't looking too great after a recent road-trip I had and I'd like to get them fixed if at all possible. The whole fill chip / wetsand / buff is too time-consuming and doesn't look as good as it could imo.
ANY paint chip repair kit doesnt actually REPAIR the chip, it just colors the chip to the color of the paint. You will never get a flush finish with paint chip repair, let it get really bad and just repaint it. most decent shops will scuff and paint with factory color for around $200-400 bucks which isnt bad and will look a whole hell of alot better.:badger:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts