8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at replacing the stock Michelin tires on my wife's Si and these look real nice and aggressive...

Just wondered if anyone has used them on their Si or on previous cars?

FALKEN AZENIS RT615

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
what tread wear? i got hankook rs-2 at 200 treadwear for everyday use. they work fine. i doubt you will have a problem with yours.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
06Fg2 said:
Just like NightHawk said...about 8-10k, maybe 15k, but it all depends on driving also.
im pretty hard on tires and im looking at about 12 right now and i still have a lil bit to go.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think most people who street these are getting a couple of oil changes out of them.

I have a set coming, but they are going to be on my weekend wheels.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about these chaps then?

My wife wants the same BFG KDW2's on her Si that I have on my Si, but I don't have $700 spare right now to put them on there for her... :)

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
whats with the falkins. i know they are good tires but there are also others to look at.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^

I know... as I mentioned, I have 18" BFG KDW NT's on my Si... and I would love to simply get the 17" version for my wife's Si - but don't have that amount to spend right now ($700).

I've had Khumo Ecsta's in an 18" on my Tiburon in the past, they were awesome, but put the same tire in a 17" on my BMW Z3 and they rolled like crazy. Ended up with some Yokohama's on the BMW instead. Then some Sumitomo HTRs - they still looked like new after 12000 miles so great wear time, but developed a bubble in the side wall... :(

On my VW GTI I had the 17" OEM Michelins, I had 19" Falken Azenis, 18" Hankook K106 and 18" HP Feirce (Goodyear) on there. (Yeah I switched out my wheels a lot!!)

The budget is falling a little under $500 installed at the moment.
Discount Tire have a great deal on the Falkens... $304 shipped to my door - that is why I am looking at them, and they have great reviews.

Give me your suggestions in the <$500 installed range.

215/45/17 with good wear time on them.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^

That is true of about 90% of all tires tho.
The stock Michelins are just above the wear bars (hence me looking for new ones) and they were squirmy as anything in the rain on Friday night.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If 500 is your budget, run with the falken 452's I use them and so do a few others. They are well liked on clubrsx as well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nitto NeoGen ZR? Comes to about $530 installed for the 215/45-17 at discount tire, w/out the replacement certificates. Haven't had experience with them personally, but they've gotten good reviews and are the tires I'll be getting after I get the HFP suspension and new wheels.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just checked out http://www.tires-easy.com/start.html and they have awesome prices!

I can get the 17" BFG KDWs for $399.71 shipped to my door. $51 installation at the local Firestone place and I am golden!

Just checking in another thread now if anyone has had experience with that site.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts