8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm itchin to turbo my Si. I would like a reliable 350-400whp for DD which is easily attainable on a stock motor with a good tune. No need for a stainless tubular manifold (i can build my own, and have for my 500hp s2000, but it takes forever, and if a $125 cast manifold will work, why not use it)
besides, cast iron will take the heat cycling of Daily driving better than stainless would.

so has anyone used this manifold? i know the other ones such as the B and D series are fine, esp. for the price.

no need for other pre made parts, as i would build the rest of the stuff for the kit. i'm thinking i can do this for around $2500 which would be great.....:D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It's a log manifold. Does it work? Yeah. Is it the most efficient? No. If you can do all the fab work for everything else then go for it. Getting something like this wouldn't be cost effective for most people because you have to custom fab everything: downpipe, wastegate dump tube, intercooler piping etc.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turb...y-tsi-turbo-upgrade-thread-ask-your-mama.html

Near the bottom of the first post is a log that i'm running with all the contact info and a pn. $2500 to boost on a log properly...thats not going to happen. More like $4000!

If you can make your own tubular mani then do that, with a t3 flange and 44mm WG. Logs don't take the heat cycles better the stainless, look at the greddy mani, its notorious for cracking, i haven't heard of any retable tubular mani's crack, now ebay specials will crack like a boss.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really you've seen a cast eBay mani crack? I haven't. And it will make the 400 with no problem. It's not a sch pipe log manifold where cylinders 1/4 fire at eachother. It has somewhat of a collector built in.
And 2500 is easily attainable for this kind of setup. Only reason my s2000 build was So much $ was because I had to buy TWO AEM ems's, ID 1000 injectors when they first came out, and replace a blown motor lol. All of which weren't my fault
anyway, all I'm asking, is if anyone has first hand experience using this manifold. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wowww dont be so sensitive.
I'm not a newbie to boost, I've had about 10 different turbo/FI Honda setups. Your list was very complete for someone who has questions about what to do. Good job with that thread!

All I was asking was if anyone here has used the manifold, not to sound cocky, but I don't really need help with the rest of the setup. I just wanted some first hand experience with that manifold. I only posted here because I figured the majority of boosted 06-10 si's are on here, and anyone who has used the manifold would chime in. Thanks :)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
$2500? Dude, there's a kit in the FS section that's a greddy kit for $1000. All it needs is Fp and the intercooler/piping. Could build that kit for like $1500 + FP + misc items needed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i guarantee you you wont get more than 320 hp, i believe supa ninja has the most hp on the log mani which is around 380, and he's on e85 which goes to tell you, dont go cheap man, even if you get a better log mani made at least spend a good 500 on it, mine was 1000 just manifold alone here's a pic

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Maybe U turboed alotta cars but I have a feeling non of em were done right. Sure a cast iron mani would retain heat but common u can just wrap a turbular mani, logs suck ass & they crack, & don't think there ok for b series cuz my friend had a eBay kit too and his stuff cracked & he hardly was ever in boost!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Fresh- was it the cast eBay one or a crappy thin walled stainless mani with terrible welds?
I still haven't seen (first hand) a cast eBay mani crack. The greddys, yes I've seen those go.
Skin- thank you for contributing positively. But not for $375. I can build a tubular cheaper but don't feel it's necessary on a low HP setup.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts