8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..just wondering if any of you Si owners put any mods on yet? Particularly performance mods..like the DC sports race header or exhaust? and how are the gains like?

·
Registered
47 Posts
A few members on here have purchased off the store. No reviews yet to my knowlege but thats bc their parts will arrive on monday :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:party: Ha..nice..yeah Im actually thinking about buying some parts now before I get the car. i have some extra cash so I was thinking about buying the I/H/E that is sold on this site. The prices here are the cheapest I've seen. I would most likely break in the car for a few months before I throw on the mods...should be nice, with those mods on

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought the AEM intake and the Tein SS spring off this site. They are coming next week....hopefully installing them when they do. I've also got a set or Work Emotion CR's on order. Not sure how far I wanna take my modding but I figure I'll do the simple stuff and take it from there.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Are the DC Sports parts any good? One of my buddys that has a RSX told me that his brother had bought a header for his RSX and he said that it wasnt very good at all, and so he told me, so I took his word on that. Has anyone had a DC part on his/her car that can back these statements up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd wait on a better set of headers for our car. From what I'm hearing about the Si lots of companies have products in the works for our car. Personally I feel that DC is more of a mass production product over quality. It might just be me though...

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
DC Sports is actually a very good name brand product. Its the knock offs from china that you need to watch out for.
I'd have to agree. DC is a sister company of AEM. So if you dislike AEM, I guess you can hate on DC. Usually you'll find horrible welding on off brand headers. A large portion of them you'll find cheap on ebay. Stay away from those.

·
Registered
117 Posts
webby said:
I'd have to agree. DC is a sister company of AEM. So if you dislike AEM, I guess you can hate on DC. Usually you'll find horrible welding on off brand headers. A large portion of them you'll find cheap on ebay. Stay away from those.
hmm...

I love my DC header though!

·
Registered
387 Posts
tint and rims i did a 18x7.5 inthe frt at a 38mm offset and a 18x8.5 in the rear at a35mm offset with 225-40-18 s all the way around and the fit perfect springs will be here tomorow along with some other goodies

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I rather wait for better companys to make better headers, and other parts, but I think AEM is a pretty good company, so buying their intake wouldnt be a problem, or I can just wait for other companys to make better parts.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Alright, I think we need to make a new rule. Whenever someone makes a post talking about a mod they put on their car they HAVE to include a picture. I mean I don't mind hearing about what you guys put on your cars, but I would rather SEE it.

Webby, make it happen :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts