8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title states, i looking to see if anyone's had to replace their battery since they bought their car. I had to do mine yesterday and I've had my car since Nov. '06 and it has like 42000 mi. Your input is appreciated people...:thumb:

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you check around it is very common for these batteries to crap out early. Mine died after 2 years at about 18k miles (i think that is right). I believe the battery is covered for 3 years unlimited miles or something like that so you might want to check your warranty info.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did any of you that had the battery die, pop the vent caps to see if any of the cells were low on water? You would be surprised how low the level gets if you don't check this - I check 2x a year....

·
Registered
854 Posts
My first one was screwed last year after a year (15K KMs), and it looks like the replacement won't make it through this winter, barely started. I get the feeling that the stock battery is generally trash in these cars. I can't decide if I should get another freebie for another year under warranty, or pay for a good one and be set for a long time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.