8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been struggling with jerking upon acceleration between 2k - 3k rpms for a long time.

I think I finally figured out the reason to be the incorrect/insufficient manifold pressure during / right after deceleration.

I replaced the PCV valve and it helped a little bit but I think the real problem is EGR valve failure or clogged EGR passages.

I've seen many cleaning DIY's for earlier models, but for R18 I even cant find where the EGR passages are.

Does anyone have an idea where the EGR passages are? Or how to disassamble them in order to clean them?

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem as you, jerking on acceleration. I just cleaned my EGR valve and cleaned the passages around it. Please see youtube video on how to do it. It seems now the acceleration is better. better idle. I still get the jerks when going up hill.
I did not touch the EGR passage. I think it is just below the valve connected to the engine body. The lower bolt looked hard to remove so I did not try to clean it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Probably around 40k miles. I had mostly city miles.
Just as an added info. I did clean my throttle body, MAF sensor before without much improvement.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts