8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... in Canada. ;)

Civic Holiday in Canada. The intent of the Civic Holiday is to "not work". So please don't work on Civic Holiday! In Canada Civic Holiday is in most cases the first Monday of August unless another civil or provincial holiday exists on a different date, in which case the local holiday is used.

Civic Holiday in Canada is not statutory holiday. A bill has been attempted to be passed in the house of commons but it has always been unsuccessful. If an employer wants you to work, it is a work day.

What you will often find, however, is that its name Civic Holiday changes from province to province, and even amongst different regions within provinces in Canada. This tells us that Civic Holiday is not as important as some other holidays, but still it is celebrated as a statutory Canadian holiday.

Unlike in Canada, Civic Holiday in United States (US) is called Labor Day.
Ironically, I am at work. In any case, it's a Civic site. Let's celebrate. :spinning:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
:spinning: :banana-wa :love: :party: :brock: :rockwoot: :hail: :hyper: :carrot: :greenappl :pianodance: :bananasplit: :broccoli: :cucumber: :Orange-Sl

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
truflip said:
Hahah! sweat shop... pft.. Upon reading the company profile, it doesnt look like it :p

Actually the employee's are treated well, I love working at the factory. It does get extremely hot in our factory reason I call it a sweat shop to be honest.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
You had to look up Arc'Teryx?! You ain't real Canadian if you don't know what that is LOL.

you would be surprised as to how many people don't have a clue what Arcteryx is, then they see the price of our gear and walk away.

I don't think I would even own 1 peice of arcteryx gear if I didnt work there.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
You had to look up Arc'Teryx?! You ain't real Canadian if you don't know what that is LOL.
Nope, Im Filipino. I know Tommy Hilfiger though. :D

I looked up the Arc'Teryx products. Looks like some high quality clothes/material. I just hope they dont come out of the box smelling like sweat :giggle:

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
truflip said:
Nope, Im Filipino. I know Tommy Hilfiger though. :D

I looked up the Arc'Teryx products. Looks like some high quality clothes/material. I just hope they dont come out of the box smelling like sweat :giggle:

They don't come out of the box smelling of sweat....lol.
:biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts