8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo..... i took my trip up today to discount tire and after months of research I came up with that IMHO the Ventus Evos are the best bargain tire for your money. Well I talked to a rep and he didnt suggest the Hankooks at all, and recommended Goodyear Eagle GTs. He looked at me kind of crazy when I said I preferred the Hankooks over Goodyears. He tried to show me reviews on the Eagles on and they were ok, some positive some negative, but they were mostly based on non performance cars. So after all his recommending of the GTs, we then looked up the reviews for the Hankooks and everyone loved them, and these guys have C6s, E39s, E36s, 911s, MS3s, C5s, Masserati, E55 AMGs, and all these performance cars. It kind off pissed me off cause he read the first review which was a C6 and he was like "yeah what an idiot to run these on a Vette," the scrolled to see 11 more vettes. So now my Ventus EVOs will be here on Wed. and I cant wait to try them out. :dance:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Goodyear's cost more than Hankook's, that is why he was pushing you. Plus the Goodyear's were probably in stock and he wanted to get 4 of them out of his inventory!

I have the Hankook's, they are good!

A guy at work as the GT's on his Mazdaspeed MX5 and he hates them. The Goodyear dealer talked him into them. He said they have no grip and are very unpredictable in hard corners. He also said they flat spot real bad after sitting all night. My old Kumho's did this some, and I really expected the Hankooks to do the same, they don't; nice and round from the start of driving!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The Eagles have a nice looking tread pattern, but I have heard that the Eagle GTs were loud after you get some miles on them. I had my mind made up on the Hankooks myself, but then I got a good deal on some General Exclaims and gave them a try since they have good reviews too. I like them so far.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i think the stats show for themselves which ones are the better tires. Car & Driver did a comparison with them and they got second overall and performed awesome in wet performance and hung with tires that are made specifically for auto crossing but had twice as good treadwear. that's mainly why i bought them. all the reviews on tirerack were also really well. IMO the best overall STREET tire money can buy right now

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goodyear's cost more than Hankook's, that is why he was pushing you. Plus the Goodyear's were probably in stock and he wanted to get 4 of them out of his inventory!

I have the Hankook's, they are good!
Actually the GTs were about 60 something bucks cheaper and had a 40 dollar rebate, but I was too set on the V12s.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think the stats show for themselves which ones are the better tires. Car & Driver did a comparison with them and they got second overall and performed awesome in wet performance and hung with tires that are made specifically for auto crossing but had twice as good treadwear. that's mainly why i bought them. all the reviews on tirerack were also really well. IMO the best overall STREET tire money can buy right now
yeah thats where I first found out about them. Never would have ever thought about Hankook tires until I read that article. If you read the reviews of the them on Dis. tires website, many vette and porsche guys like them over pilot ps2s and SO-3s

·
Registered
800 Posts
Actually the GTs were about 60 something bucks cheaper and had a 40 dollar rebate, but I was too set on the V12s.
If the Goodyear's were priced higher than the Hankooks, then they are charging way to much for the Goodyears! Order the Hankooks online and then have DT install them!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ No the Hankooks were more expensive than the GTs. The goodyears might have been cheaper just from the rebate.. idk. The final price for the tires which includes their lifetime warranty, mounting, balancing, and 40 bucks for shipping (since they didnt have them) was 580 bucks. If shipping and the warranty were taking off then they would have been about 480.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.