8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our handbrakes dont have abs on them or anthing right?
everytime i pull on it i cant get my back tires to skid.. it seems like it works when parking and stuff though.

ive pulled it at 10-40mph range and dosnt do **** but beep and slow down slowly.

is my ebrake line need tightening? it uses the same disk brakes as the brakes right?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Jay Kincannon said:
Stupid question, why do you want to skid ??? Please don't rag on me about this question. Thanks !!!
im with you. if you want to skid put mcdonalds trays under your back tires and sled. dont be stupid and try to lock your back breaks up. you could potentially damage something.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
LoL I posted same thread on clubsi a while agoooo lol everybody bashed me! lol ok I have the same problem but I found a trick that will let u skid: dont pull a straight line.. it wont skid find a nice wide turn somewhere safe and get in the turn @ 60 Mph and flick the steering wheel outside the turn and then quickly back in while lifting the ebrake :) It works like a charm :D. please dont bash.

PS: do it in a closed circuit :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
yea half year ago i was doing drifting ,on rain ,on my civic (dumbass) i was pretty good on it then i got too cocky well any ways crashed it total damage $7000 i would not recomend u guys do this on 8th gen civics easy to loose controll on this type of car

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
kamil2004 said:
yea half year ago i was doing drifting ,on rain ,on my civic (dumbass) i was pretty good on it then i got too cocky well any ways crashed it total damage $7000 i would not recomend u guys do this on 8th gen civics easy to loose controll on this type of car
i wouldnt reccommend anything in rain.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
To the OP...

Your an idiot. Really, how old are you? Why would you wanna risk locking up your back breaks? Go by a RWD if you want to drift or skid.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
kamil2004 said:
why/how did you drift with an auto r18?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dude why in the world would you want to do anything like in that youtube vid unless it is a course car or a car for the track? I mean the 06+civic was not made to do these kind of things. It will royally screw things up in your car. Just my .02 worth!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts