8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now I searched this but never found anything on it and I looked in google and nothing but here is my question. For all those who drive in snow like myself and like today do you use your handbreak to help you control your car?I do and I have sense I started driving but now every time I hold the ebreak too long I hear a weird noise anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ok now I searched this but never found anything on it and I looked in google and nothing but here is my question. For all those who drive in snow like myself and like today do you use your handbreak to help you control your car?I do and I have sense I started driving but now every time I hold the ebreak too long I hear a weird noise anyone know what that is?
How do you use your hand brake to control your car in snow? Like.. drifting?

What kind of noise is it making? Popping? Squealing?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i do use it because the stock brakes SUCK! but kinda like drifting in the way that the back end pops out. the noise that it makes isnt a poping or squealing its more like a buzzing

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I only pull the E brake in teh snow so I can slide my butt out. other then that it is only used when I park my ride.

The E brake beeps at you if you hold it up for a bit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
been driving 40 years, and learned very quickly to NOT use the handbrake especially in the winter time unless you just have to, to hold the car. why??? well, you get all that ice, snow, slush on the cables and brake mechanism. you park and you come out later, and everything is froze. you release the e-brake and it won't break loose, because everything is frozen up, coated in ice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.