8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was reading up on this company and it seems that they offer a standalone but its more of a blank slate. I dunno if they offer anything for our applications but seems cool if there was a master tuner good with this platform near you.

Just thought id share and get opinions

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I know of a master tuner in MD but the standalones are expensive. That's what my car will be tuned with in the new year. Guess the secret is out of the bag.. humm.. wonder!!

I will be using the E8v2 version to help tune the car. It has no wiring harness and will require labor cost to install but controls fuel injectors (Simultaneous) and coilpacks (sSimultaneous) firing. The standalone can control nitrous injection on per boost shots for those wanting nitrous. Haltech will be introducing another device in the coming year that will have the ability of DBW and my car will have the prototype for the K20Z3. I will keep everyone updated as more information is released.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
ya this company looks promising all my 240 buddies have used it in the past. approximately when are they coming out with a production model for our applications MD? also roughly whats going to be the cost installed?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
ya this company looks promising all my 240 buddies have used it in the past. approximately when are they coming out with a production model for our applications MD? also roughly whats going to be the cost installed?
Swift installs the Haltech on the IS300 and the cost of the Haltech standalone cost depending on the application. They have just fuel management F series to full standalone E series. The E8 is designed more towards a 4cyl and cost around 1000-1200 for the E8v2. The install for the IS300 is roughly 500-1000 for labor since there are no wiring harness application. Then roughly 2-3 hours of tuning. Since this will be a first with the 8th gen it will take sometime.. BUT.. he should be able to develop a baseline map from my build.

I actually won "3" months ago.. since I was the first to purchase!! lol.. The newer Haltech should be avialable sometime in March-April timeframe. Hoping sooner... depends how the prototype works with my car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Swift installs the Haltech on the IS300 and the cost of the Haltech standalone cost depending on the application. They have just fuel management F series to full standalone E series. The E8 is designed more towards a 4cyl and cost around 1000-1200 for the E8v2. The install for the IS300 is roughly 500-1000 for labor since there are no wiring harness application. Then roughly 2-3 hours of tuning. Since this will be a first with the 8th gen it will take sometime.. BUT.. he should be able to develop a baseline map from my build.

I actually won "3" months ago.. since I was the first to purchase!! lol.. The newer Haltech should be avialable sometime in March-April timeframe. Hoping sooner... depends how the prototype works with my car.
All you have to do is call up Boomslang,they'll make anything.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Thats great news to hear ! but can the E6 work to or only the E8

Both the E6 and E8 will work but the E8 gives you the tuning to have all your injectors and coil packs fire in sim. mode compared to the E6 that will have to 2 pair for injectors and coilpack. The E8 is also starting the top of the line Haltech standalone along with the E11.

All you have to do is call up Boomslang,they'll make anything.
Very true. For example the E8 and E11 start around 1000-1700 depending on which model you purchase. Boomslang will create the harness but my quote was around 1000-1250 and all the specs from Haltech to create the harness. That to me is quite expensive. The new product should be plug-n-play so just be patient and hope to have some good news soon. Plus most tuners would rather run the wires to each injector and coilpack to insure the proper installation. The Haltech can also control other functions like two-step, nitrous injection and etc.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Its not boomslangs fault that their expensive..The connectors cost more being the style they are...From what I understand...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Its not boomslangs fault that their expensive..The connectors cost more being the style they are...From what I understand...

I'm not complaining!! I just wanted to explain that boomslang can make a harness but it depends on the pings that you want to use. Remember this is a standalone unit that takes functions from the stock ECU unlike a piggyback. The haltech has so many features that the boomslang can cost a small fortune to get every ping installed. Most shops like Swift the tuner usually insists on running all the wires directly to the device that it controls for proper installation. :thumb:

Sorry if it sounded like I was complaining that it cost $$ dollars.. but wanted to let them know that the haltech is not cheap.:biggrin:

Oh congrats on the finally getting the supercharger started. You guys are going to be very busy in the coming months!!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
What's limited? The Haltech? compared to what.. hondata and the k-pro?
was that a stab at there not being a k-pro?

or are you comparing a fuel/spark controller to an existing k-pro?

if it was the first, i will say that it sounds nice for what we have available right now

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
was that a stab at there not being a k-pro?

or are you comparing a fuel/spark controller to an existing k-pro?

if it was the first, i will say that it sounds nice for what we have available right now
Not really.. trying to figure out how the haltech is "limited" and what are you comparing the Haltech to?

·
Registered
201 Posts
As far as the Civic Si goes Hondata is the best because it is made for Honda. Haltech is better suited to a ground up built racer. The K-Pro can be plugged in and driven,not a chance of that with Haltech it won't even start.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
As far as the Civic Si goes Hondata is the best because it is made for Honda. Haltech is better suited to a ground up built racer. The K-Pro can be plugged in and driven,not a chance of that with Haltech it won't even start.
HUH? Swift installs the Haltech on there Lexus IS300 and just installed/configured on a EVO 9 that even controls MiVEC.

i want something with cam timing adjustability and maf adjustablity
The Haltech can control all functions and can bypass the MAF all together. Have you every tuned with a Haltech? Well.. I'm not going to argue on this anymore.. We shall see who comes out first with a tune car.. Hondata or the Haltech.

·
Registered
201 Posts
HUH? Swift installs the Haltech on there Lexus IS300 and just installed/configured on a EVO 9 that even controls MiVEC.

The Haltech can control all functions and can bypass the MAF all together. Have you every tuned with a Haltech? Well.. I'm not going to argue on this anymore.. We shall see who comes out first with a tune car.. Hondata or the Haltech.
The reason I said that is because Hondata has support from Honda directly Haltech doesn't. Out of the box if you plug in a Haltech to the civic it won't run. Tuning hast to start from 0 which increases time and money.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts